𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐯𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

_______________

_______________

"Are you okay?"

Nari glanced away from the warm cup of tea in her hands, which she had made for herself and Hyeon-ju upon their arrival at one of Mr Choi's hidden warehouses in the more latent parts of Seoul. A place far away from prying eyes and ears.

Woo-jin and Geon-woo entered the room, relatively unscathed but definitely somewhat nervous. It had been a night unlike any the four friends had been on and one could tell the night had not been so kind by the barely noticeable tremor in their hands.  Her wary eyes raked over their bodies for any flag of injuries, her stare lingering on Geon-wo who didn't shy away from the woman as he too scanned her from head to toe to ensure there wasn't so much of a scratch on her.

"We're fine. You?" Nari answered as Hyeon-ju joined her side. Geon-woo nodded and she let out a relieved sigh in return. "That's great, where Jang-do?" she asked.

"Downstairs with Mr Hwang and Mr Lee" Woo-jin informed before returning her question with equal trepidation. "Kim Jun- min?"

"We got him" Nari answered, glancing at Hyeon-ju who smiled lightly.

"She's pretty bad ass" Hyeon-ju complimented. Nari flushed, bumping her shoulder with the woman as she dismissed them.

"I can imagine" Geon-woo muttered beneath his breath, his eyes sparkling as they usually do, and Nari felt her flush deepen.

"So, what happens next?" Nari asked, trying to divert the attention that was suddenly centred around them. Both Woo-jin and Hyeon-ju were smirking widely, glancing at each other with knowing stares. It was embarrassing how dense their friends were.

"Mr Hwang asked for salt, do you know where it is?" Woo-jin asked and Nari nodded.

"I saw it earlier" she said, opening a cupboard where a heavy bag of course salt rested. "Why do they need salt?" she asked and all three shrugged simultaneously.