𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

______________

"So does this mean you guys are together?"

Hyeon-ju tilted her head, her lip quirking in an amused smile as her eyes flashed with a knowing glint. They had just dropped off Ms Yoon, pausing to have a chat with her and checking in on Nam-gi before returning. Now, Hyeon-ju found the time perfect to interrogate her friend on the prevalent bruise on his neck and the way he couldn't seem to knock the smile from his face.

"Who? Me?" he blinked, his eyes tearing from the blurring scenery to the woman beside him.

"Pft, no, Woo-jin and his ego" she scoffed, eyes lifting from the road to shoot him an exasperated glare. ''Yes you, you daft idiot. You and Nari. Judging from your little friend over there, I'd say yes" she said, gesturing got the hickey on his neck.

Geon-woo flushed, his fingers lifting to lightly brush it before dropping his hands to his lap "I think so, we haven't discussed labels or anything" he muttered, his tone slightly weary. Did whatever happen between them last night mean they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Surely right?

"Oh please, as if it wasn't obvious already. You like her, she likes you. You kissed, you had sex. I think that means you're boyfriend and girlfriend" Hyeon-ju chided. " You do...want to be right?" she said suddenly, her tone sceptical.

Geon-woo wasn't an idiot, she knew that, but while he was certain in terms of his ambition of vengeance, navigating this new feelings of love and longing was a different ball game. And while Geon-woo may be shy, gentlemanly and too kind, he knew what he wanted and if that just so happened to be a five-foot six raven haired dropped boxer, then so be it. Hyeon-ju didn't doubt his affection for the woman, she had seen it as bright as day and develop over time. She had witnessed her friend's love slowly blossom, her protectiveness, consideration and valency grow from the rather dull and duty driven woman she had first met. The two of them made a pair unlike anything she had seen. They shared such a deep level of intimacy, a connection forced from shared struggles and adversity and together they pulled each other out of that darkness and moved in a direction of happiness. A happiness they found in each other. Hyeon-ju did not doubt Geon-woo for his love for her friend, but at the same time she only hoped that because they cared so much for one another, their heartbreak if anything, would not be as devastating. She did not wish for that for either of her friends.