𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 & 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

____________________

There was a pounding thudding in her head that only seemed to worsen the more she moved. It had taken her a couple of minutes to come to and even then she had a hard time gaining her bearings. Nari winced as a sharp groan left her lips, there was a lingering stench of chemicals that burned her nose, her vision blurred and the world looked lopsided and slanted until she blinked harshly and everything rightened.

Her breath was lodged in her throat, lips dry and pulled in between her teeth as her head dropped to her shoulder to eye her hands that were twisting and turning to no avail. Her skin began chaffing as it rubbed against the coarse and thick material of the rope binding her wrists behind her back and round the back of the chair keeping her rooted in place. Her limbs were still aching, still tired and sluggish but it didn't stop the silent fear that pooled in her blood.

Nari's head snapped to the side when a door opened and shut and footsteps, multiple, grew louder until a figure she had been dreaming of ruining stepped into the light, the orange hue emphasising the scar on his face.

" You guys just can't seem to quit can you" he said as another man scampered into the room, jittery and not meeting anyone's eyes as he placed a chair in front of her. Nari kept her gaze on him, her eyes not reflecting the slight fear in her bones as he rounded before her with a downturned curl of his lip as if this was just another mere inconvenience in his busy day to day business life.

" Why do you have to make everything so damn hard" he chided, and the chair screeched loudly in her ears as he dragged it closer to her. Nari's mouth remained clamped shut, her eyes merely staring daggers into his as if plotting 101 ways to murder him.

" Cat suddenly got your tongue" he mocked and took a seat, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and face level with hers. Her shoulders were squared, arms slightly straining but head held high. She matched his cold stare with unwavering defiance.