𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝐞𝐧𝐝

________________

"That is so romantic" Mr Kwan cooed wistfully as the two sat at one of the booths, animatedly chatting over Nari's newfound relationship with the boxer and he was loving every second of it.

Mr Kwan had always been a free, kindred spirit, he loved having people to talk to, considering he had no family of his own. Mr Hwang had told her one day, on the anniversary of Mr Kwan's late wife when he didn't attend work, that he had lost his wife among the many in the first infiltration of Smile Capital. It was why Yang-jung and Du-yeong were so adamant to end them once and for all, to avenge all of who they had lost- including Mr Kwan's wife who had also been one of Mr Choi's knifers. She remembered being in awe of him, that a man so kind and joyful had been so heavily grieving and lost beneath the surface. She hadn't realised, and seeing him so happy for her, her heart ached knowing he was reminiscing through her. His first love and his last.

" You make a good-looking couple" he chimed, and Nari blushed, shoving his arm as he laughed before she followed. She adored him. Mr Kwan had been such a constant in her life, she wasn't sure what she'd do without the sushi loving man.

"I say the truth" he chuckled at her reddening cheeks. " You know it too" he said lowly and that's when Nari threw her hands up, her cheeks burning in response.

"I'm going to get a drink" she said as his laughter rang through the restaurant before the bell chimed.

Nari could barely hear the low conversations as she grabbed two glasses of water. Mr Hwang hadn't returned yet, but he would soon and then they'd be back to experimenting on new recipes and her stomach would explode from the never-ending sushi platters Mr Kwan would surely concoct.

A sudden crash startled Nari, her hands nearly dropping the glasses as she frowned as a loud pained grunt reached her ears.

''Mr K?" she called. Turning in her step, she made her way out of the kitchen to return to the floor.