𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

____________________

Geon-woo found himself sat in a rather uncomfortable chair beside Nari's bed. For the first week since she had been admitted, Geon-woo could not bring himself to touch her. He was too scared that she would disappear from beneath him if he did. The last time he touched her she had felt like a corpse, so cold and pale as if she had been drained of all the life within her, he was terrified to reach out now and feel the same.

It was only in the second week did he get the courage to reach for her hand. He had slowly eased his slightly trembling hand into hers before interlocking their fingers. He had breathed a sigh of relief. Colour had slowing began creeping back into her cheeks and her hand felt warm and the monitor beeped almost as if it knew his heart stopped fleetingly. To ensure he knew she was indeed alive, and he was not dreaming.

He had visited every day thereafter, checking in both of them but lingering at hers. He couldn't stop staring.

He had been so close to losing her. Had he been late, had she not managed to message him, he may have lost her for good. And that was something he did not ever wish to experience.

It was in these moments, where his thoughts took up most of his time and he'd rather wallow in silence, holding her hand then accepting condolences and reassurances. It was the feeling of loneliness that he came to realise he could not do this without her. He could not continue without Byun Nari by his side. Because he simply did not like her, he loved her.

She became integral, always there and always near. Which is why he needed her to wake so he could tell her. Their kiss replayed over and over and it became his tether. He wished to kiss her again, over and forever and never let go. He wished to love her, openly and without fear of losing her. But for that he needed her to wake. To wake and show him her pretty eyes and smile in the way he loved so much. To tease him for being dramatic, and to drown in her alluring laugh.

To look at him as if she loved him too.

Geon-woo pulled his chair closer and held her hands in his, he lifted it to rest below his chin. His smiled faltered and he couldn't look away from her face, eyes closed and merely sleeping.