𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

(𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑦☺️)

____________________

"Is Woo-jin okay?"

Geon-woo hummed softly, rather absentmindly with Nari curled up into his chest. His arm had long grown numb, her head found home in its crook while her fingers drew inattentive shapes on this lower stomach. Their legs were entwined beneath the cool sterile hospital sheets. She tapped against his abdomen to catch his attention; trying to ignore the IV drip bandaged to her hand which had begun irritating her skin.

Geon-woo's eyes were closed, his hold on her never wavering while the monitor beside them beeped lowly. The sound of her heartbeat brought a sense of relief and consolidation he had been  craving for. To him, he was not about to let go of her now, not when he had her back, not while she was safe in his arms.

"Have you slept properly?" she asked, her head lifting to rest her chin upon his collarbone. She noticed his heavy eyebags, dropping down his cheeks like purple curtains and he looked plain exhausted.

"I can now" he whispered; his tone soft in assurance while his hands tucked her hair behind her ear. " Sleeping wasn't easy but you made it better" he told her. 

It had been a few days since she had awoken and Geon-woo had not left her side. He was always touching her, keeping her close and had to be physically torn away from her to freshen up and eat. When he slept however, wanting to not part, he'd make room in her bed, and she'd curl up to him. Nari never said anything when in the middle of the night, he'd tug her closer and keep two fingers on her wrist at all times to assure himself that she was indeed alive.

It broke her heart in more ways than one.

It was only later, when Nari had settled and she was to be discharged at the end of the week did she get the courage to speak about what happened.

She had asked about Mr Choi first.

This was the conversation Geon-woo had agonised over for weeks while she slept. And as much as if pained him to say, when she was out, it may have been the last amount of peace she would feel than when she awoke to pain and lamentation. He wanted to hold out as much as possible before it would ultimately shatter them completely.