𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

_____________________

Tick tick tick

Hyeon-ju sat in the waiting room, her hands cradled in her lap, clenching and unclenching. They were drenched in a thick layer of blood- her grandfather's blood, Woo-jin's blood. So much blood. They were shaking, tremors rocking her body as the sounds around her buzzed into the faint ticking of the clock on the wall and a low hum in her ears. She had texted Nari, phoned her and yet every time it rang and rang and then went to voicemail. Her texts went unopened and Hyeon-ju felt entirely alone.

Her mask was slipping down her face, tears had longed dried but her grief hadn't. Her heart stuttered uncontrollably as memories with her grandfather flashed before her like a sad movie. The only family she had left, cruelly ripped from her once more. He had wanted to take them to Rome, to 'flex'. How she had laughed at how silly he sounded but what she'd do to hear it again. He had told her he wanted a trip, with his family. She was his family, the only person he ever truly cared for and she failed him. It had taken her so long to truly love him as he loved her and by then it was too late. He was dead. He was dead, Woo-jin was dying and Nari was not answering her damn phone.

Her head bowed and her fingers clutched onto Geon-woo's blood sodden jacket closer. It was the only thing grounding her as she waited for him to return.

He had offered his blood for Woo-jin who was clinging to life as they spoke. Woo-jin, someone who she first despised, had grown on her, with his silly jokes, and horrible innuendoes and was someone always so full of life. Geon-woo would not let Woo-jin die, she knew that.

Hyeon-ju did not care as people bustled in and out of the foyer. She did not raise her head as the door opened and closed. Peoples' whispers and yelling went unbothered as doctors rushed with urgency and monitors were beeping rather solemnly. Hyeon-ju simply did not care. She was tired. Everything that she ever held dear was gone in a matter of hours. A bundle of what if's buried her alive and she couldn't help thinking that there was nothing left to lose.