𝐢𝐱. 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫

____________________

 "Fck"

Woo-jin's head snapped back, his gloved hands immediately going to his throbbing nose that pulsated with every breath. He shook the stars from his vision, his eyes teary as his hand flung from his nose as if burned from the stinging. A thin trail of blood seeped down his lip, his tongue instantly lifting before he smeared it with his arm.

" I said not to go for the face" he wailed, taking a step back.  Nari dropped her arms, her face stricken as she winced at the reddening of his nose.

After breakfast, Nari and Woo-jin had decided to spar for a bit while Geon-woo stood off a little to the side, a dumbbell in hand.

Long gone were their shirts and Nari was dressed down in a sports bra and leggings, her hair tied half up and down and out of her face. She was sweating lightly, the two of them going a couple rounds and Woo-jin was not holding back. Her ribs were aching from a few hits he had managed to land on her, her arms were stiff and store, her legs tired and her breath was coming out in heavy pants. Woo-jin had not been faring any better. His hair was matted to his forehead, sweat dripping down his bare torso and he was favouring his left side. He had a couple of bruises on his arms, apparently Nari's punches were anything but gentle and he had let his guard slip and she had managed to wig him in the face.

"Sorry" Nari winced as he scrunched his nose before grimacing.

"You've gotten stronger" he told her, shaking out his shoulders and stifling the pain throbbing in his nose and Nari got the hint. They circled each other like prey. The ring was small, meaning they had less than the ideal space to spar without stumbling into the loose ropes around them. Nari had her arms raised, Woo-jin reciprocating despite his vision blackening around the edges. She had gotten him good.

"Or maybe you just got slow" But that wasn't true. Nari had indeed grown strong, way stronger than she was before. While Nari already had experience in the ring it had become neglected after her mother died and with their fights they had gotten into in Seoul, she could always pack a punch but now her fists had become lethal. If she could put both Woo-jin and Geon-woo on their asses now, they didn't want to know what she'd do to Myeong-gil or his men. But while Nari was small and agile and precise. Woo-jin was swift and airy and ruthless.