𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝

______________________

Nari could feel her blood almost still in her body when they arrived at the harbour. Night had blanketed Pohang, the stars shimmering a little more brightly than usual and if Nari listened closely, she could hear the crashing of waves on the shore.

Tension had never felt thinker and it was almost as if there was a large firm object lodged in her throat she couldn't swallow, a feeling like finality. Everything had led up to this moment. It had been written since she had watched the blood pool from her mother's skull, and it continued until that blood collected a few more debts. All their sacrifices, their tears, their laughs, their sorrows had all led them here- on a huge cargo ship sailing further and farther away from shore until the final light disappeared beneath the horizon.

The four of them stood side by side, a blanket of darkness around them but a hope burning in their chest. A kind-hearted resolute boxer, a comic loyal marine, a fiery determined granddaughter and a vengeful spirited woman, all bound by loyalty and revenge. A family.

Hyeon-ju tucked the taser gun in her jacket, twirling the baton in her other hand, her shoulders shrugged in anticipation. She glanced to Woo-jin who shook out his hands and rolled his neck. He glanced at his friend who was tightening the bandage wrap around his hands, weaving it between his fingers until they were secured. Geon-woo glanced at his girlfriend who did the same, only with a pair of gloves instead. Her eyes narrowed on the empty vastness, ready and unyielding. She glanced up at him and nodded, he did the same.

"Come back to me" he said, be careful, it implied.

"Always" she would return.

They split. Nari and Hyeon-ju to the left, Woo-jin underground and Geon-woo right.

The two women weaved through the large storage containers, wincing at every loud noise and tensing at any unexpected shadows that would flutter past.