𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

______________________

Nari had her thumb to her mouth, her teeth nibbling at the skin around her fingers anxiously before a gentle hand lowered it away from her lips and intertwined them with their own to stop her nervousness.

They were all cramped in a rather small room, hidden, out of sight where computers were hooked up to various wires and Tae-yng accompanied by Gang-yong sat by the monitors, watching with anticipating breaths. They had successfully hooked up the transmitters, established a QR code as well as installed and set up cameras in the boardroom so they could see Min-beom and keep look out.

On one of the screens, she noticed Min-beom, sat beside his lawyer looking three shades paler than usual while his eyes kept darting to the expensive watch on his wrist and the camera placed in the corner of the room. It didn't take a genius to figure out how terrified he was.

Han-gu was on the floor, keeing an eye out and ensuring they scan the code. He started his go pro strapped to his security vest and then Kim Myeong-gil alongside his lawyer flashed on screen.

Nari didn't knw what she was expecting when she saw him. It was disorientating if anything. Her eyes were trained rather uneasy on his nonchalant and dismissive figure. Her visison clouded, anger and sadness and the uncontrollable rage at the thought that he probably did not lose an ounce of sleep since that night but rather popped off a bottle of soju and had a party. While they agonised that night over and over again, with heavy eyebags and restless nights filled with screams and hysteria.

Nari felt bile creep up her throat and she had to square her shoulders, take deep breaths and try to stop her nails from drawing blood in her palm as flashes of Mr Kwan's bloodied body, Mr Hwang's limp form and outstretched hand, Du-yeong's smile and Mi-kyung's hand on her swollen belly as well as her own bloodstained body flickered in and out. The room blurred between Kim Myeong-gil and sirens, hues of clolur and screams. She could feel the water seeping and drowning her again- or was it blood.