𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬

____________________

"Mom"

Dread had filled every single one of them as they pulled up to Mr Choi's home. They did not have time to marvel at the lavish house as they were ushered to the living room where Ms Yoon stood up at the sight of them.

"Are you okay?" Geon-woo asked when he noticed the bandage on his mother's forehead as she approached her son. Her hands were shaking so badly Geon-woo had to cup them together. Her eyes were downcast, scared and confused.

"It's alright" she sniffled, trying to smile as she held her son tightly. " I just bumped my head"

Nari didn't believe her for a second, however it didn't deter the guilt and pained sadness that came with seeing the woman she cared for so hurt and afraid.

Ms Yoon glanced at her son, seeing the bruises on his face. Her hands quivered slightly as she traced the blemish under his eye before she saw the other three and equally as wounded people behind him.

"Nari" Ms Yoon cried as she shakily left her son's side to her practical daughter. "Dear, what happened?" Ms Yoon's voice trembled as she cupped the girl's cheek before gasping at the bruise around her throat. Nari gently held her hands as tears sprag in the older woman's eyes.

"I'm alright Ms Yoon, I promise" she said softly, gently squeezing her hand as Ms Yoon stifled her cries. Her eyes drifted to Woo-jin who was cradling his arm and her face fell further. He bowed and sent her a reassuring smile.

Ms Yoon never left her hold on Nari as she used her other to grab onto her son and kept them equally as close when Mr Oh entered the room.

The air shifted and she could feel their disappointment from where she stood.

"Mr Choi's been waiting for you, he's downstairs" Mr Oh told them before his tired eyes drifted to Nari. " There's someone here who wishes to talk to you. In the study" he said and Nari swallowed thickly, sending him a swift nod in return.