𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

_______________

Everything had gone to absolute shit.

After their failed attempt at a rescue they had returned to the warehouse where In-beom had been strung up and unwavering, going as far as biting off his own tongue to not betray his beloved boss. That ended up in them having to call an ambulance and their plan on finding Meyong-gil's slush funds went down the drain faster than In-beom's blood could leave his mouth.

They had returned to their apartment, hopeless, defeated and so fcking tired.
Nari just wanted to sleep everything away, all their worries, all their discontent. She wanted to go back to when her smile was easy on her face. When she could walk into the restaurant, disgruntled for a day's work but Mr Kwan's smile would console her and they'd team up to tease their boss. Du-yeong would stroll in through the doors with his wrinkled smile and crescent eyes. They would argue and then make up and be on their way to repeat the day's events all over again.

She missed the easiness of it.

Of having Mi-kyung's arm linked in hers as they strolled down the streets, pointing at clothes too big for the baby to be. She would then settle at Ms Yoon's café, order her usual drink and watch the older woman smile and take care of her customers as if there was nowhere else she would rather be.

Nari sucked in a harsh breath at the tightening of her chest at the recollection. She would never be able to go back and her fondest memories were the only thing she could cling to so their memory would live on. But then again it was just that wasn't it- memories.

She'd never again fuss over Mr Hwang's sushi he'd force down her throat, she would never again hear Mr Kwan's rants or Du-yeong's jokes. She would never again have mother- daughter times with Mi-kyung. She could never go back to life before Kim Myeong-gil.

Nari stood up rather abruptly, catching the attention of the others in the small apartment who paused at the heaviness in her movements. Nari felt the apartment suffocating.