𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

___________________

Nari was running incredibly late.

She had firstly been rudely awoken by her brother, whose fingers jabbed repeatedly against her cheek to rouse her to consciousness. With half lidden eyes, she swatted him away but through hazy vision noticed the uniform dotting his body, backpack slung over his shoulders before drifting past to the blurry clock on the wall. She was dunked in ice cold water at the realisation.

She was so very late.

Nam-gi watched, slightly bemused to quell his anxiousness on being late to school as Nari stumbled, hurtling across the room to gather her belongings in frantic, miscalculated, ungraceful chaos. Her shirt was skew, one shoe on and hair messy. She hobbled towards the counter, trying to force her foot into her boot.

"Do not look so amused" she gritted out, sighing when it finally slipped through. " You should've woken me up earlier"

Her scolds merely fluttered past him as she grabbed her jacket and keys and ushered her brother out the door.

"This is rather funny" her brother said as she grabbed her bike while her brother hopped on behind her.

"We might make it" Nari said in determination as she glanced at her watch.

"Maybe" Nam-gi drawled. "And maybe you put your shoes on the right feet"

They in fact did not make it.

After dropping her brother at school, signing him in personally for being late and making up an excuse as to why (Oh, Mrs Yang, I fear there was a dog on the road, poor thing was on the brink of death. I simply could not leave him there. I'm sure you understand. Nam-gi will not be late ever again I assure you). Mrs Yang believed her, who wouldn't. Nari was an angel.

She had entered a store, convently close to school and made use of their bathroom. Tidying up her hair, fixing her shirt and returning her shoes to their rightful positions she barely had time to register the influx of messages from her friends asking her to meet at the bookstore at 8.