𝐱𝐱. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

____________________

"It feels so good to finally get out of the house"

Nari released a sweet chuckle at the woman's pure relief, pausing to bask in the sun, a twinkle in her eyes. Nari had her arm hooked through Mi-kyung's, the heavily pregnant woman hobbled with every step, her other hand resting on top of Nari's as they strolled through the small-town streets. Mi-kyung had been feeling stuffy in their small home and Nari was more than willing to allow her some respite.

"Du-yeong has become so paranoid with the baby around the corner. It's become a little overbearing. " Mi-kyung complained, rolling her eyes lightly and lowering her hand to her swollen belly.

"I just think he's excited" Nari informed her with a smile.

Nari understood Du-yeong's apprehension and paranoia. She was however uncertain to know the extent of Mi-kyung's knowledge about her husband's affiliations and reason of worry. Nari knew he was worried that Smile Capital was back and on their trail, he certainly did not want anything to happen to his wife and soon child. Mi-kyung seemed blissfully unaware, merely blaming her confinement to their apartment and her husband's overprotective and bearing nature. She loved her husband, dearly, but fresh air would do her good from time to time. Nari, however, would not let her venture alone.

"I don't doubt that" Mi-Kyung sighed. " I am too, for our little family. But lately it seems that his worries lie deeper than just our pregnancy. I'm concerned for him. I don't know what's going on but he's jumpier than usual" she expressed. Nari's fingers squeezed her hand gently as they approached a baby store, she didn't know what else to say to ease the woman's worries without coming clean of her husband's actual job, so she merely smiled sympathetically and distracted her with the store.

''Oh look, this would look so cute on future baby Lee" Nari smiled as she held up a cute little jumpsuit with overalls and a teddy bear embroidered on the middle.