𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

__________________

" Eat it with wasabi and soy sauce"

Nari was sat on Geon-woo's left while Woo-jin and Hyeon-ju sat opposite them and Mr Hwang at the head of the table. For lunch Mr Hwang had specially readied a platter of his best work, allowing them to taste and ponder his delicacy while Mr Kwan pouted in the kitchen, his passion for the art going unnoticed. 

"You eat like this everyday?" Geon-woo muttered to Nari, his eyes sparkling in awe at the halibut Mr Hwang had served to them, Hyeon-ju humming in agreement. They were envious of her, this was amazing.

"You get sick of it" she whispered, leaning close to him to ensure her boss didn't overhear, but Geon-woo simply looked at her in disbelief. He would never get sick of such deliciousness. But while Geon-woo and Hyeon-ju marvelled at the burst of exotic flavour that danced on their tongues, Nari remained impassive and disinterested, used to Mr Hwang's specialities, Woo-jin was another story.

He eyed the halibut in his hand withs such scrutiny it may have burst into flames. He did not care for all the eyes that suddenly turned to him and he gently placed the fish onto his tongue, closing his eyes as he slowly locked his jaw and let the halibut do its work.

A satisfied sound left his lips and Nari had to visibly stop herself from smacking him as he turned to Mr Hwang with a chuffed smile. "Wild caught" he informed. " You see, farmed halibut have a lot of fat in their fins that can be too heavy. But wild ones like this have all that fat evenly distributed " he inhaled sharply and Nari slammed her head onto the table. " It's such a lean and exquisite flavour. I can still taste it" he said, waving his hand over his mouth before nodding in approval. " It's aged to perfection"

''I'm embarrassed for him" Nari muttered to Geon-woo who was enjoying the scene before him a little too much.

"It's honestly impressive" Geon-woo whispered back as he eyed the two men.