𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐞

__________________

 "You look happy"

Nari commented, leaning against the stairwell when Geon-woo, who looked a bit too giddy, walked in a few seconds later. He paused; his smile softer as he took her carefree stance in.

"Yeah, I am" He nodded; his smile almost wistful. His wounds were healing nicely Nari noticed. She had taken the liberty to patch him after they had returned to Mr choi's house and off loaded all the money. It had been an awfully long night and all Nari wanted to do was sleep off the events and ache in her bones, but they had insisted on patching each other before she could retire to bed.

"I am glad" she said, smiling at his dimpled grin. "Happiness suits you"

He flushed but his smile sat permanently on his face.

" So, what did he want to talk about?" she asked, pushing herself off from the stairwell to talk to him.

He shrugged lightly. "He thanked me for what we did, and he insisted our debt was paid."

"The advancement pay" she queried, and her answer was answered with his nod.

"He told me we were even but " for the first time his smile faltered. " It doesn't feel right until I know I paid him back " a deep sense of obligation shone in his eyes, a look Nari understood too well.

"I think I know what you mean" she said, her feet shuffling. " He told me I didn't need to pay him back, but I couldn't sleep at night with the guilt. So I'm still paying it off, slowly"

It seemed no one understood him like her.

"We might be two sides of the same coin" she chuckled. " It seems we're both too self-righteous for this gig"

"I don't think I'd like it to change" he said honestly, and Nari agreed.

"Hey, how about we-" Geon-woo tried but Mr Oh entered into the corridor, catching the two by surprise, his kind eyes jumped between them rather apologetically.