𝐱𝐱. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

______________________

"Wake up" Mr Moon urged, slapping his palm against Jung's unconscious face. "Hey track guy we don't have time for this. Wake up"

His head lolled to his shoulder but another harsh slap roused him from sleep. Jung blinked, their faces blurring before refocusing. His face was caked in blood, eyes welded shut and lidde. Nari pursed her lips at the bruises and welts on his face. Woo-jin did not hold back.     

   " Where is Mr Oh?" Mr Moon ordered, planting his hand on his shoulder, his amusement only growing when Jung scoffed.

" Look at this asshole" he chortled. " Does he think he's being a tough guy or something?" he glanced over at them and then at Da-min and her quiver. "Hey Archer, give me an arrow real quick" he said, extending his hand.

Da-min glanced at him confused, her brow furrowing before she eyed Nari perplexed. The older woman merely shrugged in reply, jutting her head to his outstretched hand and Da-min confoundingly obliged.

"Let's see how much of a loyal bloodhound this guy is" Mr Moon chuckled mirthlessly. " I was like you,  you know. Well, back when Mr Choi was alive" he said, twirling the arrow in his hand and patronisingly staring down at Jung but there was a deep anger brewing in his eyes. "But do you know what becomes of a bloodhound that's lost its master?" he asked, tapping the tip of the arrow against his exposed collarbone. " It becomes a filthy stray that mauls everyone in sight" he then slammed the arrow into his thigh.

Hyeon-ju winced and Da-min's hand flew to her eyes in shock. Geon-woo and Woo-jin both exclaimed, startled and surprised by his action while Nari's eyes widened and then simmered, intrigued.

Mr Moon twisted the arrow and Jung slammed his head back, his mouth sealing shut and muffling his agonised grunts. Mr Moon looked at him in consolidation. "No no no, you're fine. This isn't pain that you're feeling. It's just shock. The real pain comes when I pull this bad boy out" Jung released a shrill cry as Mr Moon jerked his arm back, the arrow in his hand and the squelching of flesh as Jung's anguished scream filled the room.