𝐯. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

_________________

Her rather joyful and pleasant day had taken a turn for the worst when she had received a phone call from Nam-gi's school urgently calling her presence to retrieve her brother.

Nari had glanced at Geon-woo, panic seeping into her expression and he faltered at her sudden urgency and the way she had tensed at his side. He questioned her with a gentle nod, and she merely shook her head, claiming she was on her way, and slipped her phone back into her pocket with a rather shaky movement.

A thousand thoughts were racing through her mind, and she barely got the words out before Geon-woo had taken her hand in his and guided them to the school. He was insistent he accompany her, not only because she seemed distressed, but because he also had grown fond of the youngest Byun sibling. Like his sister he was too adorable to resist. And it slightly inflated his ego to know he always had a fan in his girlfriend's younger brother.

Nari followed after him rather absent from reality. Nam-gi is in a fight, the woman had said. You need to come quick. But that was impossible, her brother would never lower himself to such standard unless he was provoked. And if he was in a fight, someone was about to face her scorn.

When she arrived at the school, she could vaguely make out a few teachers and parents with idling students circling around the entrance.

Geon-woo gently pushed through, keeping his arm around Nari as they made their way through the herd to the centre where loud voices were rising over the complaining ones.

"Miss Byun"

Nari turned as a middle-aged woman with cropped brown hair and tired eyes pushed through the crowd towards her with urgency.

"Mrs Min, what is going on? Where is Nam-gi?'' Nari asked, her tone rushed as she took a step forward. Geon-woo's hand remained steady on her lower back the entire time as Mrs Min led the way back to the commotion.