𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

__________________

Woo-jin and Hyeon-ju had retired to bed after they had lost yet another chicken fight with Nari and Geon-woo. The boxer and former boxer were relentless and Hyeon-ju did not stand a chance especially with how tight Geon-woo had held onto Nari's thighs, and with Woo-jin wanting to give them one last push in the right direction- he relented, and swiftly took Hyeon-ju with him.

Now Nari and Geon-woo were alone, her back against the water as she floated, a gentle calm in the air as her eyes stared at the stars while Geon-woo gently moved in the water to not disturb it so much.

"I haven't felt this happy in a long time" she confessed, her eyes trained on the sky as her hands gently swished through the water. " I spent so long worrying about everything, fearing for everyone's safety  I forgot the simple joys in life. What it feels like to have friends and a family."

Geon-woo listened as she spoke, gently swaying beneath the water.

" I hope it never ends'' she whispered lastly before dropping her legs and mimicking his gentle rocking.

She faced him. "Can I ask you a question?" she asked, her arms moving back and forth which caused light ripples. He nodded, hair damp and Nari didn't fail to think how handsome he was.

"Why don't you drink?" she questioned. " I noticed you refused any offer, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I was just curious" she said quickly at the end. Geon-woo's lip quirked at her fluster before glancing at the darkness of the night.

"My father was an alcoholic. He wasn't a very good man after we went broke and he became quite the abuser" Geon-woo explained, his eyes still lingering on the dark trees ahead.

Nari frowned, her eyes saddening. She didn't know the extent of his father. Ms Yoon only ever told her that he had been out of their lives for quite some time and Nari did not pry when she saw the emotions of hurt, anger and fear in the older woman's eyes. Nari couldn't understand how, that despite his abuse, and their financial situation, their constant struggle- the mother son duo still remained so optimistic, so kind, so loving, so full of life. Never had either of them failed to make her and the others around them feel anything but welcomed and happy. Geon-woo radiated sunshine, his mother incarnated it. The two of them were everything and more than the man who left them. Nari's heart squeezed and all she could think about was that Ms Yoon and her son both, deserved a hell of a lot better.