♠ Eclipsing Doubts ♠

Muichiro Tokitou x Reader

Y/n settled into her new role as a Hashira, the tension and rumors surrounding her promotion weighed heavily on her mind. Despite knowing that she had earned her position through hard work and dedication, the whispers from her old Kinoe comrades continued to bother her.

As she went about her duties, Y/n noticed that some of her fellow Kinoe comrades were distant and cold towards her. Their behavior only fueled the rumors, making her feel isolated and unsupported within the Demon Slayer Corps. The burden of proving herself to her peers added an extra layer of pressure to her already challenging responsibilities as a Hashira.

"You look bothered," a voice broke through, pulling her back from the depths of her contemplation. Y/n jumped slightly and swiveled her head, finding Muichiro Tokito, the Mist Hashira, by her side.

"Oh, it's nothing," Y/n replied, her gaze returning to the pebbles strewn across the ground. Her fists clenched in her lap, and she sat on the porch of their masters' estate.

Muichiro continued to observe Y/n with his perceptive gaze, the subtle signs of her discomfort not escaping his notice. His own expression remained calm and patient, his minty eyes reflecting his genuine concern for her well-being.

He tilted his head slightly, his long hair swaying in the breeze as he spoke softly, "Y/n, I can tell that something's bothering you. You don't have to pretend everything is fine." His voice held a gentle reassurance, inviting her to open up if she felt ready.

Y/n's brows remained slightly furrowed, and her gaze remained fixed on the ground, her lashes fluttering. The tension in the air was palpable, a mix of her internal struggle and Muichiro's understanding presence.

"I'm fine, honestly... Just lost in thought," Y/n tried to reassure him, mustering a small smile though forced, didn't escape Muichiro's notice.

He had known her for a while, their closeness extending back to before she became a Hashira after all, the bond they had formed over time allowed him to pick up on the subtleties of her emotions, even when she tried to hide them.

"Mm." Muichiro acknowledged her response with a subtle nod, respecting her choice to keep her thoughts to herself for now.

At first, he assumed her changed demeanor was a result of her heightened responsibilities as a hashira. Yet, upon closer inspection, he discerned that this wasn't the only factor at play.