work

Idk man, Mark being cute and surprising Scott and also it's fall.

-

Mark walks into the restaurant, and smiles at the hostess. "Hi!" He says.

"Mark! Hey! Do you want Scott's section?" The hostess, Cassie, asks.

"Yes, please," Mark says. "But don't tell him. I'm surprising him."

"Aww! You two are the cutest. He was just talking about you this morning," Cassie says, grabbing a roll of silverware and a menu.

"Yeah?" Mark asks. "Oh god, what did he say?"

Cassie laughs. "Just that you were sweet; and got up early with him this morning to make him coffee—and give him a kiss before he had to come here."

Mark rolls his eyes. "I do that every morning."

"Well, he absolutely adores it."

Mark looks to where the tables are, and sees his boyfriend smiling at some customers as he takes orders.

Scott looks up, and immediately sees Mark.

He gasps and waves, a big smile on his face.

Mark laughs. "Well, never mind about not telling him. He saw me." He says, then blows a quick kiss to Scott.

Before Mark can even get to his table, Scott already has an iced tea with lemon waiting there for him.

When Mark sits down, he sees Scott's scribbles on a napkin.

Hi baby! ☺️ You look cute! ❤️

Mark chuckles at the note. Scott is so sweet. Of course with Mark surprising him, he will still find a way to surprise Mark back.

"Hey," A voice says, and Mark looks up.

"Hey, my love," Mark smiles sweetly at Scott. "How's your shift so far?" He asks.

"Better now," Scott says. "I get off in ten minutes. Hopefully you're my last table."

"Can you join me when you're done? I can pay early," Mark offers.

"They won't let me in uniform, sorry, baby." Scott says. "But that's okay. I had some breakfast someone turned back in the kitchen anyway. And we can walk home together."

Mark nods. "Okay, sounds good," he says.

"Do you know what you wanna order?" Scott asks.

"You mean besides the cute blonde?" Mark sighs, and Scott blushes. "Hmm. I think I'll have a grilled cheese and tomato soup," he says. "It's finally soup season. I'm so excited." He grins.

"Do you want table bread?" Scott asks.

"No thank you," Mark says. "I'm having a sandwich. I'll be okay."

"Okay," Scott says. "Ugh, I have one more table left," he whines. "I just have to check them out and then I'm done," he says.

"Oh, sorry, am I gonna hold you up?" Mark asks.

"No!" Scott clarifies. "Sorry, baby. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. No, I just meant besides you. I love when you visit me at work," He says.

"Okay," Mark says. "Only if you promise I'm not keeping you on the clock."

"I will literally clock out before you're done eating," Scott says.

"Okay," Mark says.

"Hey, Scott? Oh, hi, Mark!" Another server, Mitch, says. "I think table 41 is ready to check out."

"I'll be right back," Scott says. "I'll put your order in!"

"Sounds good, baby," Mark says, handing Scott his menu.

It's about 5 minutes before Scott can come back. "I ran my card for your lunch, and I'm clocked out," he grins.

"You can't sit with me in uniform, right?" Mark asks. 

"Yeah. Sorry, Marky."

"What if you put my jacket over your shirt?" Mark asks, shrugging off his jacket.

Scott smiles at that. "That might just work," he says.

Mark smiles back. "Wanna go put in an order for yourself before you sit down?"

"Good call, I'll be back in a second," Scott says. He disappears for a moment, and when he comes back, he has a soda.

"Here," Mark offers him his jacket.

Scott puts it on, sighing happily. "It smells like you," he smiles wide, and blushes slightly. "Ah!" He squeals.

"You're so cute," Mark says. "Here, let me take a picture of you, honey," he gets out his phone. "Smile, ah, you're so cute!"

Scott giggles quietly at that, and Mark gets the picture.

Mark posts it to his Instagram story, his caption: lunch w/ my sweet man! 🥹

"Ugh, you always make me all blushy," Scott says, putting his hands over his cheeks.

"Sorry, honey," Mark says. "I just love you, and I need to make sure you know that."

Scott sighs, and nods. "It's okay, baby," he says, grinning again.

A few moments later, Mitch comes over with their food. "Do y'all need anything else?" He asks.

"I think we're good," Mark says, "Thank you, Mitch!"

Mark eats his grilled cheese with tomato soup, and Scott eats his grilled chicken salad. Once they finish, Scott takes their dishes to the back, and then walks back out, offering a hand to Mark's. "Ready?" He asks.

Mark nods, and they walk out of the restaurant.

"Thanks for coming to visit me at work, Marky," Scott says. "I love it when you surprise me."

Mark grins at that. "I just missed you today, I guess," he says.

"Yeah, same," Scott says, then he brings Mark's hand up to his lips. "I think we were extra cuddly last night and it made us miss each other more this morning."

"Mhm," Mark stops walking.

"What's up, baby?" Scott asks.

"I just wanted a hug," Mark wraps his arms around Scott. "You hit the nail on the head. We were extra cuddly last night since it was one of the first cold nights of the year."

Scott wraps his arms back around Mark and kisses his forehead. "Better, honey?" Scott asks.

"Yeah," Mark sighs. "Just another second?" He asks.

"Take as long as you want," Scott says, squeezing Mark tighter.

Mark holds on for another moment, and then steps away, and grabs Scott's hand so they can finish their walk home.