Adam Weaver - New Places, New Faces

Imagine you're moving apartments and Weaver is your new neighbour

(gif not mine!)

---

'Now, before we start unloading boxes, are you sure you want to move here? I mean, there are nicer places that aren't round the corner from where people are murdered.'

'Bennett, you're overreacting.'

'You'll be thanking me when it's not your body they find on the 6 o'clock news.'

I rolled my eyes as I stepped out of the cab. Bennett meant well. He was just overdramatic when he got a bad idea in his head. 'I don't know what you're talking about,' I said over the cab as Bennett paid the driver. 'Just because it won't have chandeliers and the neighbours won't be drinking wine every night doesn't mean it's a bad neighbourhood.'

'That's what everyone says. The next thing you know you'll be lying out on the streets with your insides hanging out.'

Bennett shrugged his shoulders as the cab drove away, moving to stand beside me. Looking up at the tall apartment block, my heart jumped. After recently getting out of college, I realised that being away in D.C. for three years had seriously changed my perspective on life. Having grown up and lived in New York all my life to suddenly leave for three years showed me how big the world really is. Though my heart would always be in New York, it was nice to get out and see what the world had to offer. Bennett always told me that, in order to find out who you really are, you have to go out into the world and find yourself. And that was exactly what I did.

'Having second thoughts?' Bennett asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

'No. I was just thinking how much money you're going to make me spend on redecorating the place.'

'Oh relax, darling,' he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 'It'll only be a few thousand.'

'We're not even in there yet!'

'Yes but we both know how awful the place will be. Especially when you put your couch in it.' Bennett smirked, wiggling his brows.

'You say the sweetest things.' I laughed as I walked away towards the moving van. When I realised that Bennett wasn't beside me, I turned round to see him staring up at the block with a look of horror on his face. 'Are you not coming to help?'

'I'm not going in there,' he said with a tone that sounded surprised, as though he couldn't quite believe that I hadn't realised that.

'Then why did you come?'

'So that I could give you my opinion on how stupid this is.'

I rolled my eyes. Walking up to Bennett, I took the hand that was rested over his heart and pulled him towards the truck. 'Come on you pansy. It won't be that bad.'

'That's what people say about neighbours who sing and then, the next thing you know, they're planning to poison them and fill their ears with concrete.'

I gave Bennett a disbelieving look as two men came to open the truck. 'You're mad sometimes.'

'I'll take that as a compliment.'

'Which apartment you in?' the taller of the two men asked.

'13. Third floor.'

'See? Even your apartment number is unlucky,' sighed Bennett as the two men grabbed a box each and started for the stairs leading to the block. 'I knew this was a bad idea.'

'Well, if you thought this was so bad, then why didn't you offer for me to stay in your apartment 'til I found a better place?' Bennett looked down at me with a look that said 'you know why'. 'In my defence, you didn't say that you were bringing anyone home.'