Elijah - Comforter

Imagine Elijah comforting you after a bad break up

---

'Screw you, Tyler!' I shouted as I stormed away.

'Aw, come on, hun! You know I didn't mean it! Just, get in the car,' he begged as he drove alongside me.

'No! You knew that would hurt me and, guess what, Tyler; it hurt like a bitch!' I shouted at him as I felt tears form in my eyes.

'Look, I didn't mean to! Klaus made-'

His words made me stop right in the middle of the pavement and turn right to him. 'Don't you dare pin your stupidity on other people! Especially one who has been there for me when you've been banging your hybrid lackeys!' I cried.

'Babe, come on! I'm sorry! Klaus did compel me to do it so that we would break up so that he could have you all to himself!' he said as he leaned over the shotgun seat to speak to me.

'Is that your excuse for everything?' I asked quietly. 'Blaming everything on compulsion? On the sire bond?'

He gave me a sad look before casting his eyes downwards. 'I don't know what do say.'

'You don't have to say anything,' I whispered, turning my gaze away from him. 'Bye, Tyler,' I muttered before turning my back on the man I once loved and walked through the small park and back to my home.

*

Dad wasn't home, thankfully. He was obviously out celebrating with his work buddies. Like he did every night. I walked into the house, going round the bottom floor of our average sized house, making sure all the windows were shut. I knew it wouldn't stop the vampires, especially if they had been invited in but, being a New Yorker, you learned to keep the place as secure as possible. There were other dangers besides vamps in the world.

Afterwards, I walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on before prepping a mug for a cup of hot chocolate. My dad, back in his sober days, always used to tell me that a hot chocolate always helped mend a broken heart. When he told me this, I laughed. Hard. He was a guy, in particular a player, so what did he know about mending broken hearts? When I asked him this, he said he learnt it from an old friend of his. So, despite those being the good old days, his words still stuck.

The kettle clicked telling me that the water was ready. Already having poured the instant hot chocolate powder into the mug, I tipped the contents of the kettle into the mug, stirring it with the spoon till there was no powder left.

Dumping the spoon into the sink and the hot chocolate wrapper into the bin, I turned off all the lights before trudging up to bed, not letting the pool of tears fall from my eyes once.

After reaching my room, I placed the drink on my nightstand, turned on the side lamp and proceeded to strip off my leather jacket, brown leather boots and green scarf. Kicking my door shut, probably harder than I should have as it made a weird sound when it met the door frame, I walked to my en suite and prepared myself for bed, trying desperately not to look into the mirror.

Once I stepped out of my bathroom, I stripped of the final pieces of clothing before picking out a large top. I caught my reflection in the floor length mirror beside my wardrobe and couldn't help but take a look. The girl who stood there, small, lanky and almost paler than a vampire, looked into my eyes with sadness in hers. Tears were ready to break the dam and the way that her eyes were so red almost gave the impression that she was on drugs.

Like walls falling, the tears broke the dam. I fell to the white carpeted floor and let the pain take over. I bent over my knees, like I was praying, and cried and cried. I didn't know how long I stayed there, but I didn't care. Tyler and I had been together for over a year and have been friends for more than 5. Yet this boy had slept with someone else and it had ripped open my heart. It was probably true that Klaus, someone who had been a good friend to me, had made him do it but, either way, he didn't refuse.