Ben Wheeler - Complicated Misunderstandings Part 2

A/N: Hey guys - last part of this little Ben Wheeler story! Hope you enjoyed it! Next up on the list is a Klaus Mikaelson request! 

Warnings: language, mentions of alcohol and sex, drunken antics

(gif not mine!) 

---

1 year later

'Dude, I am not going to be your emergency contact anymore if this is the only reason to use it.'

'It's not my fault that my only use is for help during an argument! Would you prefer these calls to be from a doctor in a hospital?!'

'The only way you'll ever be in hospital, Becks, is if you broke your hip during your extracurricular activities,' you heard in the background causing you to laugh.

'There's no rule saying that too much sex is bad.'

'No but too much sex isn't good either.'

'Sounds like you don't need me anymore, Becks,' you laughed.

'No, wait. Don't hang up on me-'

'Bye!' you sang cheerfully down the phone before ending the call. You shook your head as you walked down the sidewalk of New York city. It was a Friday afternoon. You had just sealed the deal with a major company for designing their new building right there in New York. It was the best deal your architecture company had seen in months and, because it had been you to get it, you had received a promotion. That had put you in one of the highest positions for someone of your age, hence why you were off for a well deserved celebratory drink with the rest of your colleagues.

It had been Mike, who had been a part of the company for 6 years and was your new partner, who had suggested the little 'off the beaten track' bar. You had never heard of the place before and, when you walked down the outside steps and into it, you could see why.

Bar on B was not your average 'let's go to a bar and get hammered' bar. It was a mixture between a small restaurant, a fancy after work bar and a daytime meeting place. It didn't look overly expensive though not too tacky and cheap either. It seemed almost perfect.

There were 8 of you in totally, including yourself. Because Mike had been there before, he led you and the other 6 colleagues to the few couches near the back of the bar before announcing that he was buying the first round.

'So,' Maya started as she took a seat next to you. 'How does it feel to be better than all of us here? Aside from Mike and Noah, of course.'

You laughed. 'Strange. I feel that now I've got a promotion, I actually have to work.'

'Sucks to be you, asshole,' said Toby from the adjacent couch. 'See? This is why I don't work,' he finished with a wink.

'Yeah, because that's the reason,' retorted Maya.

'You wanna take this outside, Johnson?' said Toby as he stood up from the couch, ready to take of his jacket.

'Oh, you know you're gonna get your ass handed to you, West!'

'Now, now, kids!' announced Mike as he walked through the small group of people before reaching your table. He was walking in front of a waiter holding a tray of glasses filled to the brim with, what you assumed was champagne. He moved out of the way as the waiter placed the tray on the table that was sat in between the couches, giving you a quick smile before walking back to the bar. You could have sworn that the man had looked familiar but you couldn't think as Mike had handed you a glass. 'Tonight, is not your night,' he said, passing a quick glance to Maya and Toby before pointing to you. 'Tonight is the night for the best worker our company has ever seen.'