Kai Parker - Empathy for the Devil Part 3

Warnings: language, blood, fluff

A/N: So this was the final part of the request! I can't tell you guys how long I spent on this part so a vote or comment would be lovely! I hope you guys enjoyed this little 3 part series! My next one shot will either be a Klaus request or a semi steamy Kai one shot (if you guys haven't had enough of the guy already!)

Keep the requests rolling in guys! 

(Gif not mine!)

---

Over the next few weeks, you went to Kai's every day in order to help him with his emotions. You could see the slow changes in his personality: the way he was so relaxed around you and acted like a normal guy; there were less death threats aimed at you and everyone else; he even smiled more.

It was the week before the fight when things started to truly change. Kai seemed more reserved than usual. There were less flirtatious jokes, or jokes of any kind. Kai could never look you in the eyes. He had even started to grow facial hair, looking less like a boy and more of a man. It was as though his whole demeanour had changed and not for the better either. Those were the small things you had noticed.

You supposed that it all started on the day you went to see him. It began like any other day though, this time, you had the full intention of asking what had happened to the charismatic witch.

You had just pulled on a top, dragging a hand along the back of your neck in order to get the hair from out underneath the jumper before you heard his voice.

'What do you think you're doing?'

You sighed. This was the last thing you needed to think about. Your attention didn't waver as you put your arms through the sleeves of your jacket. 'Getting ready to leave the house and the bitter old man that lives here.'

Damon scoffed. 'Cute. What I meant was...' You brushed hair from your eyes as you looked for your phone. Suddenly, Damon was behind you; staring down with a curious look on his face. 'What are you doing with the little homicidal magic sucker?'

You hadn't discussed your whereabouts over the past month with anyone but it wasn't a surprise to you that Damon knew. You sighed. You weren't in the mood to talk to your brother, let alone talk about Kai with him. 'You're not my dad, Damon. I can do what I want.'

Grabbing your phone from beside your pillow, you sped around your older brother, moving to walk down the corridor yet, somehow, Damon had managed to get in front of you again. 'You didn't answer my question.'

'That's because it's none of your business,' you replied with a little venom in your words. Pushing past him, you walked down the stairs.

'You know; your naivety still shocks me.' You didn't stop. 'The fact that you think Kai is going to help you get a cure is ridiculous and kind of embarrassing. He's just using you-'

'Oh and you would know all about using people, wouldn't you?' You had whipped round to see Damon standing over the balcony; his face a picture of shock from your words. 'You have used everyone around you, including Stefan and Elena and even me. So, powers that be forbid that I seek out someone to help me to get away from my dreaded family for the rest of my life.'

Damon's mouth fell open. He blinked the shock away as he tried to think of something to say. 'You've been so cooped up in your obsession with Katherine and Elena that you didn't even realise that your own sister hated the life she had. Now that's embarrassing.'

You didn't look back as you walked towards the front door. As you pulled it open, you stood where you were; letting your heart slow down. 'Regardless of whether or not there is a cure, I don't want anything to do with you anymore.' You let the door slam behind you as you walked down the steps towards Stefan's car; not your first choice but the bike wasn't there. You were surprised to hear the front door open again as you drove away from the house but, it was too late.