Klaus Mikaelson - Prophecy Prowess

Imagine that you and Klaus get into an argument because he wants to protect you

A/N: Hey guys - relatively 'short' one this time! This was a request so hope you guys enjoy it!

Also, just so you guys know, I'm going to be away for half of this week and then after that, I'm moving into a new house! So because of all the stuff that is going on, I might not be able to write until next weekend! So, whilst I'm away, keep sending in requests so I can write lots next weekend!

I'm also going to try and make a start on my Kai short story next weekend but that doesn't mean you guys can't send in requests!

Don't forget to vote, comment and request request request!

Warnings: angst, blood and gore, Kol being a bit of an idiot, language

(gif not mine!)

---

If you hadn't foreseen the punch, you would have probably ended up dead on the floor. Kol's grin alone could have told you that much.

'You can't use your powers, darling,' he smirked as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other. 'That's cheating.'

'If I hadn't,' you puffed, 'my brains would be decorating the walls right about now.'

Kol rolled his eyes. 'Stop being so dramatic. I wouldn't have let that happen to my brothers' girl.

This time, it was your turn to roll your eyes. 'Klaus hates you so stop trying to get on his good side.'

Kol's smirk vanished in an instant making your stomach slightly drop; preparing for what was to come. 'Well, if that's the case, then there's no point in playing nice.'

It was times like those that you were grateful for your little oracle power. Though you weren't blessed with the 'use at any time' part of it, your premonition powers did come in handy when you were training with Kol.

In your mind, you saw that Kol was going to angle a punch from the right, aimed at your head, before sending another quick punch to your gut. Thankfully, all you had to do was duck and move under his arm and around him in order to avoid Kol's fatal hits. Some part of you had wished that your powers were strength and speed instead of That's So Raven, but beggars couldn't be choosers. At least they would be able to help in a fight. At least, that was the plan.

There were, albeit very few, times that your powers did not work as well as you had hoped. For example, although you saw the two hits Kol was going to register, you didn't see the roundhouse kick that he was going to deliver straight afterwards.

You felt all the air leave your body as Kol's boot met with your body. It was as though you were travelling through the air in slow motion. It was only when your body connected hard with the wall, which knocked out any air you had left inside your body, that everything was suddenly moving at normal speed. You were thankful that there was a thick carpet covering the floor otherwise your face would no doubt be broken in many places. The drop to the floor had seemingly hurt more than when your body had connected with the wall. Perhaps that was because the plaster of the wall had cushioned you, moulding to your body shape whereas the floor was too hard to bend in that way.

Groans escaped your lips involuntarily as the adrenaline slowly disappeared from your body leaving you in pain. Your left cheek was pressed against the rough carpet; your hands splayed out beside your body. You tried to carefully bring air back into your lungs, despite lying on your front. You were so focused on trying to breath that you didn't notice Kol walking casually towards you; his tall figure looming over your hopefully unbroken body. You didn't want to move for fear of finding that you wouldn't be able to so instead, you laid unmoving on the rug; your eyes staring at Kol's black boots.