Chapter nine

Chapter 9

            Days turned into weeks I would come home and do my homework and then pray, pray my Connor is coming back. One night I didn’t say my prayers I didn’t do my homework I just sat there watching TV. My window was open hoping Connor would come in. But after hours nothing happened, only wind. I heard a "whoosh" coming from the window. I ran to the window and look out and all around looking for Connor. Just clouds, night sky, beautiful stars and the moons light. I turned around to see a girl with long red flowing hair green eyes and a skinny body she had to be Joanna.

            "Joanna?" I gulp she got up from my bed and hugged me a warm motherly hug. "Oh Jessica so nice to meet you" she whispered. I wrap my arms around her and automatically felt safe. I haven't felt this way in a while. I haven't felt like this since Connor held me. She let me go and took a good look at me. "Well" she sighed "so your Jessica, Connor's mate" she said holding my hand.

            "Please don't hurt me" I cried. "Oh no I would never hurt you" said Joanna placing her hand over her heart. She looked so innocent but yet had a touch of bad. She was young no doubt her body shape like mine hair curly and in a bun with light blonde streaks going through her red hair. "What do you want from me?" I gulp "I just wanna welcome the child who entered Connor's life" said Joanna. I lift my head up, "Connor how is he? Is he safe?" I threw a million questions at her. "Yes he is safe and well how you feel dating a wolf?" she asked. What should I say I’m sometimes scared for my life but it’s all peachy? "I'm scared...but excited my adredline rushes every time I'm near him".

            "I got news for ya, you’re not the only human who has said that" she said. I smiled "he has told me a lot about you Joanna" I said breaking the silence. "There's a lot he hasn't told you about him" she said coming out of the window sill and sitting on my computer chair. "Do you know how he became to be?" she asked seriously. "Umm he told me he ran away from the orphanage because he hated it" I said questioning. "Ha! Don’t we wish it was that story" she said sarcastically.

            "How did he become?" I said sitting on the floor from the chair. "Don't tell him...Vampires were invading that territory of the orphanage taking small kids and killing them after a while it was just Connor who ran away....because he was afraid of them. I can understand that being so young and not powerful to stop them. Finally they found him he went without water or food for weeks. He was only a child they practically drained him of blood...Ty, Mark and I stop them before more damage was done to him." My heart pounded. "I took him to the clan that night he was crying for his mom I told him I'm here sweetie I'm here Ty managed to drain all the venom from him before it took over three days later he woke....a werewolf".

            "Ty accidentally put his venom into Connor's blood stream...he wasn't happy at first about being a 'dog' but he learned to accept it. But as repay we raised him as our own. Every year we send him to a different school to get a feel of muti-culture...I guess this is gonna be his permit school" she said. My heart pound wouldn't have been the first time Connor got hurt then. "When is he coming home?" I ask. "Well send him home on Friday there is no reason he should be with the clan that long" said Joanna. I smiled in excitement "OH emm geee! I got a birthday gift for you!!!" she said "oh no, no you didn't have too" I said. She pulled out a jewelry box obviously a piece of jewelry.

            "Happy belated Birthday Jessica" she said handing me the box. I forgot my manners for a minute and open the box rapidly. Inside there was a silver locket with the letters "C" and "J" on the front in script obviously meaning Jessica and Connor. I opened it up and had a picture of me and Connor in it. Connor on the right and I on the left. "O my God Joanna its beautiful thank you!" I said hugging her. "Oh girl anytime!" she said I put it on and it fit perfectly. I was deeply moved I felt like I had a mom she kinda did remind me of my mom.

            Days pass I counted the hours of the day had the same dreams of him. I'm coming out of school and there he is standing there in his gray tank and blue jeans. I run up to him, him spinning me around happy to see me, our lips meeting wanting to feel each other. Then he says "almost time Jess, time to wake up...wake up" then I do. Only a dream a fake dream one I couldn't feel but I knew it’s his power that he invades my mind in my sleep.

            "Hey almost Friday! Excited man!" said one of the wolves passing Connor "hell yeahhh all I've been looking forward too" he said excitingly. "Yes Connor you excited to go home? All safe in your cozy home while your people suffer for food" said Mark. "Ughh do I have to deal with you today" he said pointing his finger. "War is coming....mine as well make your last nights with her special" said Mark, Connor walk away not letting his hate show.

            Friday finally came the school day moved slowly and I got a letter from Connor saying 'meet me by the courtyard- Connor' I smiled. My heart pounded I grew more anxious and more jittery. The bell finally rung I was the first one out rushing to the courtyard passing all the kids and mostly my friends. I ran in the center of the yard looking all around for Connor. I felt a warm breath coming down my neck leaving me chilled and breathless. The pleasure made me shiver and jingly like Jell-O I manage to get one word out of my mouth one word, "Connor".

            I felt two arms wrap around my waste they felt big and warm; fire warm. "I'm here Jesse" he whispered. "How much I missed you" I softly said I felt like I was floating. How beautiful it felt but little know the whole school that’s being let out was watching Jessica Penn swooning. I knew they were watching let them this is what real love was. Warm and beautiful.