Chapter fifty-four

Chapter 54

   The night came full moon again bright beautiful stars. I gave Connor anything to get his sugar up. He was finally sleeping he needed the rest. He makes so many sacrifices for me. I never do anything for him I felt bad. "Sleep soundly my wolf" I kiss his forehead and went downstairs. Joanna and Joseph talk about their baby approaching. It was a wonderful time. For once I felt at peace I never knew a vampire could feel at peace it was like every war has stop and breathed softly and quietly.

    I watch Evelina make herself a snack humming to herself and singing. And herd Joanna whispering in the other room to Joseph. Boy! I’m bored. I went upstairs and watch Connor sleeping his skin was white. I sat on the bed and got comfortable he took a deep breath and moved into a different position.

"Are you better?" I ask softly. Connor didn’t respond he was sleeping soundly. When I thought what he was and I was. A werewolf and a vampire.

   Two creatures of the night blood thirsty can both walk the day and night. For as long as they want. I felt different from my husband he was a meat eater and I was a blood drinker so much love and compassion for two creatures.

"Your thoughts are louder than Evy's chewing" said Connor his eyes were half open. "Stop comparing things to our daughter" I said softly.

"Oh nothing can compare to our daughter" Connor softly said.

I came close to his lips and kiss him. "How are you?" I ask "I feel weak" said Connor.

"How do you feel?" he ask. "Peaceful" I mumbled "good" he said weakly "no its not...you do so much for me and all I wanna do is give back" I whispered.

   Connor stroke my face and said "love can do so much to you" I smiled. "You’re getting colder" he added "don’t remind me" I said he leaned up and whispered "the colder the better" his voice sent shivers down my spine.

"A vampire and you shiver like a human" he said I chuckled "I can beat you in a fight anytime" I said "anywhere?" said Connor "anywhere!" I said assuring him.

He rolled on me and pinned me he lift my arms up and said "let’s see if you can beat me like this..." his strength was victorious.

I squirmed and try to move but it was impossible. "LET ME UP!" I shouted he kiss me and made me forget he was pinning me.