Chapter twenty-two

Chapter 22

            Ty sat on my computer chair "do you believe he's still alive?" he ask

"I hope Ty...I sometimes believe but it fades" I said.

Ty sighed and shake his head "I'm sorry Ty he was a good son" I whispered.

"Every day all he ever talk about was you" he said Ty got up and hugged me I felt like I was hugging Connor again.

"Wefhh! Girl have you smelled yourself lately" said Ty holding his nose I smelt my hair it smelt like peach shampoo.

"Uhhh...Ty I took a shower this morning" I said dumb founded

"no...Smells like a...." he trailed and he looked at me with anger I knew what he was gonna say "vampire" he growled.

            I stared at him not knowing what to say. "Were you near a vampire?" he asked.

"Umm...no not recently" I said stuttering he went to me and look at my arms that were still bruised up.

"Where did you get these?" he ask

"I was fighting! I got into a fight at school" I said.

"This isn't like you...Jessica...fights??...what were you fighting? A fucking a vampire!!!!" he yelled.

I was scared I closed my eyes and opened them again and he was gone. I felt terrible I lied to him he's hurt I got on my knees and told myself don't cry. I pounded my fists into the wooden floor out of anger.

            I couldn't sleep, eat or anything expect linger on the terrible thing I did to Ty. Lie. I felt so depress and angry I hated myself all I wanted to do is die. I went into the bathroom and look at myself how did one girl out of billions get screwed into this life? It started out with a birth the death of an innocent mother a good women the frightened father afraid to do the wrong thing to his daughter. Then leading to the growth of her schooling, puberty, undecided future and then along came Connor. Connor’s death, then two months of depression then to Joseph.

            I took the hair coloring out of the medince cabinet it's what Aunt Cara uses. She keeps loads of this stuff. I look at my hair plan old brown I'm more of my mother and aunt brownish-red hair. I mix in the color together and put it on my hair in five minutes it was done I wash my hair and I felt new. I can even tell it’s a different color through my wet hair. I put a hair band on and I reminded myself of my mother would she be proud of me?

            I lay on the bed and drifted to sleep only I didn't dream of Connor just the mountains I walk towards the cliff and look at the pool of blood. The sky was dark but at the end of the horizon there was a little patch of sun light.

I look down and said "I have to find him...even if it means death in blood"

I took off my shorts and my tank top leaving my underwear and my sports bra. I took another step towards the edge it was so cold out howls came from the mountain peaks I turned around to the trees and saw two big yellow eyes. In fear I jump in but when I came up it was just regular river water I was proud of myself I did it. I dived deep down to the bottom I normally could hold my breath for two minutes in realty but I held it for five.

            I swam around on the bottom looking for Connor the further I went the more pressure went on me. I saw something come towards me I hope it wasn't a meat eating fish I swam closer to it as I went closer I saw it was just floating two arms two legs-Connor. I swam closer to him he look like he drowned the water made it difficult to hold him. Still had his perfect body, for some reason I could speak underwater in this dream that’s when I felt like I was drowning myself I woke up in my bath tub.

"How did I wake up here?" I questioned myself.

            I got out of the bath tub and sat on the side rubbing my face I'm sleep walking! I got up and grabbed my clothes and ran to the kitchen Joseph was sitting on the chair. "Morning Jessica" he said softly

"morning" I said breathlessly.

"How did you end up in the bath tub?" he chuckled

"I have no idea!" I giggled.

I sat down next to him sipping on orange juice. "You dyed your hair?" he ask

"yeah I don't know why" I said really I don’t know why.

            He ran his fingers through it "hmmm soft" he said

"I'm glad your little by little getting back to being yourself" he said I smiled.

"Wanna sip?" I ask his eyes widen and he tried not to laugh

"Okay! Sleep...I've tried and like and successed! But drinking apple juice?" he laughed.

"Your right stupid of me" I said sipping

"what if you did drink it?" I ask.

"I think I would get sick and or will taste nothing...just cold liquid rushing to my insides" he said.

He made the apple juice sound un-refreshing. I dump the glass into the sink.

--

            February came at last! The fair was in Madison Square Garden my aunt was still on that business trip. I didn't want to dress up I didn't think going on any rides was gonna be fun. Joseph told me to dress warm which I did a sweat shirt skinny jeans and my hair back. I rush down stairs and saw Joseph dress in a black shirt and hoodie.

"You look beautiful" he whispered I smiled we drove to the city.

It was crowded but hey it's New York. People having fun going on rides families eating their dinner at the food stands. I felt a lot of positive energy coming from them. I can even see in Joseph's eyes he was excited he has never been to a country fair I'm happy he's experiencing it.

            "Have you ever gone on a ride before?" I ask.

"Umm no" he said

"why wanna go on a ride?" he ask.

"I want you to go on one...try" I said

"well, ummm" he was nervous.

"That's I can't do cuz if it's a fast ride I might I squeeze the bars when I hang on and break’ em" he said.

"Oh"

he took tickets out of his pocket and gave me three "go on one I wanna see you have fun" then he pulled out his digital camera

"oh no Joseph" I giggled.

"Go on!" he said pushing me I laugh and tried to refuse I ended up going on Tango Toro a roller coaster ride. I really had a good time on it.

            Soon after I saw a fortune teller's tent my mind became curious. Without Joseph knowing I went into the tent it looked very gypsy like.

A lady came out and said "do you wish to know your fortune?" she ask.

"I have little money" I said "in your case money will be excused...come my child" I walk through the curtains there was a round table with two chairs and a crystal ball.

A classic gypsy tent I was nervous she might know too much.