Prologue (REWRITTEN/NEW)

alexander daddario is now our new iris! She fits her so well.

Edited.

Words- 2519.

Song:- Nightcore I see your monsters.

Iris's P.O.V

my towns never really been the same as all the other towns, it holds its secrets.

just as much as my family do...well did.

family? yeah well not exactly.

i had a family, there was dad, mum, me and my brother kevin but somewhere along the line... it turned into just me and dad.

now the strange thing is, i cant rememeber the exact moment my brother and mother vanished from my life, even weirder thing is...theres not a moment in my life from when i was a child till now that i can actually rememeber what my father looks like.

can you imagine? living with a man you hardly recognize. now add someone who doesnt much care if so you much as died.

I have no idea why i cant remember certain thing but i have learned to live with it...for now.

i had no friends which could question my lack of memories because ive never been to school, so thats one less thing for me to have to worry about.

that is possibly the reason i resent my father so much because ive never had the pleasure to go to school. that and bacuse his never been afraid to leave a mark on me.

another reason he most likely never sent me to school, so he didnt have to hide who he was and what he enjoyed doing so very much.

anyway back to my bad memory.

i knew my name was iris and i knew i was just turning nineteen, i also knew my birthday- much like all my others- will not be celebrated but other then that...that was it.

i had raven black hair and according to others blue eyes, ive never looked myself in the mirror. father would not let me.

my whole life, ive been sheltered and abused by my father but all that changes today.

if you didnt guess, today was my birthday and all i know is im done living under his control and harm.

"IRIS! GET HERE N-NOW" my father slurred from downstairs causing me to flinch instantly.

Any day now im done.

I hurry down the stairs, almost tripping over my own feet. i pause for a moment before circling round the corner of the door to living room.

Slounched lazily on the sofa laid my father, eyes barely open, the scent of booze that string in the air, it made my eyes water.

"Fucking slut-" i heard him finish mumble as i appeared in front of him.