[75]

Lea's POV

for the next couple of days, I spent hours in the morning talking to the girls via facetime and texts and calls. in the afternoon I'd sit with Taylor in her living room, watching her strum a guitar and scribble lyrics down, and go out for walks around the area with Demi and Buddy.

for the first time in a while, I felt peace.

not completely, of course. there was the fact that Demi and Naya were still not talking to each other, as well as the fact that everything Lauren did was ethereal to me although that was unrequited, but somehow, that was okay too. I wasn't over Lauren. but she wasn't with Camila, and she never lied to me. and to me, that was enough. her friendship was an honor already, and as long as she was happy, I didn't mind.

Lauren's POV

for the next couple of days, I spent hours in the morning talking to Lea via facetime and texts and calls with the rest of the girls. in the afternoon we'd have rehearsal, be traveling, and at night we'd play shows.

for the first time in a while, I felt peace.

not completely, of course. there was the fact that there had been crazy rumors flying everywhere about solo distribution, and one of us going solo, as well as the fact that everything Lea did was beautiful to me despite the feeling definitely being unrequited, but somehow, that was okay too. I wasn't over Lea. but she wasn't with anyone, and she came back to me. and to me, that was enough. her friendship was an privilege already, and as long as she was happy, I didn't mind.

---

"guys?" I asked as the girls and I were alone in our dressing room before the show.

this was it. I'd made up my mind and there was no going back on this.

"yeah?"s floated from the girls' mouths as they looked up from phones and food wrappers.

"what's up, Lauren?" Normani asked, tossing a chewing gum wrapper into the bin.

"I have something to tell you guys," I said, my heart beginning to speed up as I swallowed, hard, watching the girls' expressions turn concerned. "I've been sitting on this for a while now. a long time, actually, but I think you four deserve to know."

"what is it?" Ally asked softly, her eyes holding much-needed reassurance.

"don't be scared," Camila said softly, reaching over to place her hand on top of mine. somehow, I knew that she knew what I was going to say. maybe it was the encouraging smile that graced her lips, or maybe it was the way her gaze held mine in gentle firmness. whatever it was, I knew that it was there.

"well," I said, letting out a nervous laugh. "you see, the three of you - Ally, Dinah, Mani - you've all always been right to some degree. and I've always been covering up, and denying, and all that fun shittt."

the three girls mentioned nodded, understanding, but I could tell that they were confused.

"and I'm sorry I haven't said anything about this before. I just- I didn't know- I wasn't sure about anything."

"it's okay," Ally said, earning nods from the rest of the girls. "we're not mad at you."

"we understand," Dinah added.

"so," I said, rubbing my cold, sweaty hands together, laughing nervously again. "funny story, uh, I'm gay."

almost instantly after the words left my mouth, I was knocked back onto the sofa by Camila, who initiated a tight, comforting hug, closely followed by Ally, then Normani and Dinah dogpiled on top of us. the weight of the four girls was pressing onto my chest, but yet I could feel my heart lifting as I sensed acceptance.