[36]

tw // ED mention

it was coming to the last week of summer. Bea came over to stay a night with Maddie and I, before she went back to visit her mom and I flew back with Demi and Naya.

the next morning, we were making breakfast, or attempting to. I hoped that I wouldn't have to eat any of this.

"pancakes are not our forté," I said as I peered into the mixing bowl - it was too watery to be right.

Bea dumped a bowl of strawberries into the blender.

"I'm no chef, but I think you have to remove the leaves if you're gonna blend strawberries, Bea," Maddie said, while I made a desperate attempt at salvaging our pancake mix.

Bea snorted. "I knew that." she began trying to get the berries out of the blender.

Maddie rolled her eyes and dipped her finger into the pancake batter.

"oh, rude," Bea waggled a finger at her. "I saw that."

"yeah, yeah," Maddie "accidentally" flicked batter onto Bea's hair. "sorry, Bea," she mocked horror.

Bea smirked. she picked up a strawberry and pelted it at Maddie.

"oh, it's on, De La Garza."

Maddie screamed as Bea charged at her with the bottle of milk.

I stood laughing at the spectacle but stopped short as I felt something cold and wet trickle down my back.

I spun around to face a laughing Bea.

"sorry. I thought you were Maddie," she managed to gasp out an excuse.

"yes, because I am obviously the exact as her," I grabbed the flour conveniently next to me on the counter and showered some over Bea.

she looked like the abominable snowman.

I grabbed the sugar and hunted Maddie down.

"I feel like I'm in the hunger games," Bea complained. "hunger, as in, food. I'm hungry."

"quit it, Catnip."

I found Maddie squeezed behind the fridge.

"damn it, Tris," Maddie cowered into the mass of wires.

"okay, first, get out. I'm not going to throw sugar over you while you get electrocuted." I helped her out.

"secondly, we're in divergent now?" I asked as I sprinkled the sugar into her hair.

"oh." Maddie realized her mistake. "we're having an identity crisis."

both our attention was diverted when Bea grabbed the mixing bowl from the counter and dumped it on herself.

I mentally cheered. I wouldn't have to eat those pancakes.

"oh, are you surrendering, Beatrice?" Maddie taunted as I snapped back to reality.

her smirk quickly turned into a yell as Bea charged at her and pulled her into a bear hug.

"GROUP HUG!" Bea yanked me in.

"this is Demi's shirt," I protested feebly as I tried to salvage the shirt Demi had lent me for the night. I had washed all my clothes from tour and didn't have pajamas left.

"too late," Maddie scooped some batter off her hair and plonked it on my stomach.

"this is so disgusting," I tried to wriggle out.

Bea leaned over Maddie and grabbed something off the counter. "you know what's disgusting, babes?" she asked as she snuggled into the batter on me neck.