[22]

March was pretty cool.

the tour was nothing but amazing - we played in NJ twice, then Fairfax VA, Bethlehem PA, Worcester MA, East Rutherford NJ, Wallingford CT twice, Uniondale NY, Auburn Hills MI, Rosemont IL, Omaha NE, St Paul MN, St Louis MO, Columbus OH, Grand Rapids MI, Toronto, Cleveland OH, Nashville TN then Indianapolis IN.

we celebrated Camila's birthday on the third of March, in Albany, New York. I asked Demi if I could celebrate Camila's birthday with her a couple of days earlier since we'd be going our separate ways and Demi just said, "baby girl, you should go with them."

so I moved my things to the 5H tour bus and went to Albany with them.

the plan was for the girls to go onstage as usual, then the four of them would march off and leave Camila. they'd bring the cake out then everyone could sing happy birthday to her. I didn't really want a major part in this - I wasn't sure if the Harmonizers would want me. after all, Camila only turned 17 on the Worst Kept Secret Tour once, and I just didn't want to spoil it for the fans because I knew how much the girls love their fans. and me being a Harmonizer myself, I know how aggressive they get sometimes.

so on the day, they went onstage, and I waited for them, filming the whole thing with my phone. the intro played, the girls marched onstage, and Me & My Girls was starting, then they came back offstage, leaving Camila completely bewildered.

Dinah and Normani scooped up the cake, giggling, and Camila was coming to us, confused and scared.

"c'mon," Lauren grabbed my hand.

"you guys go ahead," I whispered.

she stared at me like I was crazy. "no, you're coming. I know that Camzi really wants you to celebrate her 17th with her, okay, I know you're scared of their reaction, but trust me on this one okay, just c'mon," she rushed in a low voice. and with that, she held my hand tight and dragged me out with her.

immediately the small backstage space opened out into masses of screaming fans.

"OHMYGOD IT'S LEA!!"

"GUYS LEA IS HERE"

"LEA ROCHELLE!!"

"LEA! ON THE X FACTOR!!"

I shook off my jitters. if I was on here, I'd might as well make it good for Camila.

Ally was yelling excitedly into the microphone as we went to the middle of the stage. everyone sang happy birthday to her, and Camila looked so happy that I couldn't help but join in with a huge smile on my face.

Camila gives off this sweet impression online, and let me tell you that she is exactly that in real life. she looked like a little girl getting a surprise from a fairy in the garden or something.

Lauren, Normani and Dinah propped the cake up while Ally got the crowd going, and Camila was so excited that she was holding on to me so tightly that I thought she might have ruptured a blood vessel. then all of a sudden, Dinah pushed Camila forward and Camila smashed face-first into the cake, causing the audience to go wild.

happy 17th birthday, Camila.

-------

tw // self harm

a few days later, I was relaxing in my bunk watching Wizards of Waverly Place (don't judge me for this) on DVD, and it was late. I mean, I probably wasn't supposed to be up. it was around 2 in the morning, last I checked. trying to sleep earlier hadn't worked, so I gave up, and the only logical thing to do at 1am was to watch Wizards, of course.

suddenly, a soft tap on the bunk panel. "Lea?"

I paused my video, pulled out my earphones and drew the curtain back, rubbing my eyes. "Lauren?"