CHRISTMAS!

*** this chapter is in the future (aka after the accident) because I meant to have this chapter up after everything with Lea's escape was sorted out, but I wasn't able to finish that in time because I added a few ideas that I got from you guys. so this is going to be a bonus chapter because it's Christmastime, which means that it will only be relating loosely to the rest of the story. it's actually more of a oneshot, so after this chapter, the story will pick up from where we left off at the crash on the highway - if any of that made any sense. ***

for Christmas this year, Demi and I were going back to the De La Garzas', and Naya would be joining us as well.

it felt weird to be back again, one year later. one year ago I had actually won The X Factor, and this year had zoomed by so quickly that it almost felt surreal to step out of the car at the house in Texas and have Dianna fling the door open again, and come to embrace us again.

last year, I had approached the family with caution, tensing up upon hugs from any of them, and shying away from Eddie and Dianna, hiding behind Demi. last year I had opened up about the issues I have, felt like I was just burdening them and ruining the time they had with Demi, but they all chipped in to get me presents even though I had nothing to give them. this year, I jumped out of the car, ran into Dianna's arms and embraced her in a tight hug, before wrapping my arms around Eddie to give him a hug too. Maddie was the last one out of the house, and we squealed upon seeing each other, giving each other tight hugs. Demi and Naya embraced Dianna and Eddie, and we all brought our bags inside, gazing at the Christmas tree in the cosy family room. it was a green tree, possibly the same as last year's, and the lights were on.

"get settled in, girls, and I'll shout when dinner's ready," Dianna said before disappearing into the kitchen. Demi gently opened the door to Buddy's carrier so he could get familiar with the house. he sniffed around for a while a bit nervously, before Demi got him to sit in front of the tree. cooing, she took dozens of pictures while exclaiming multiple times how cute he was. Naya giggled softly before joining Demi sitting on the floor of the family room while Eddie asked about the tour and Glee and the three of them were soon laughing away. feeling a bit of anxiety coming on, I excused myself and went upstairs to unpack while Maddie went to see if Dianna needed help in the kitchen.

when I was alone in the room, I worried slightly. tomorrow was Christmas Eve, and we were going to have big meals for two days in a row plus leftovers on Boxing Day. plus, more family was coming over, so I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to deal with that. I didn't want to talk to Demi about it because I didn't want to ruin her Christmas spirit, and I didn't want to bother Naya either. sighing, I sorted my clothes out.

"are we fretting again, my little love?"

I looked up to see Demi leaning against the door frame. "kind of."

"I heard you murmuring to yourself and then you sighed for, what, 10 seconds? that's exactly how long you hold your high notes, you know?"

I couldn't help but smile a bit. Demi came to sit on the bed next to me.

"I know you're worried about the next couple of days, baby. but it's going to be okay, I promise. Mom and I are going through the same thing - and even though you made it last year, which I am still so proud of you for, I know it's not neccessarily easier for you this year. but I believe you can do it. you've grown so much as a person this past year, you know? you've achieved a lot and overcome so many things since this time last year and I honestly can't be prouder. remember, if you're feeling anxious about anything, you can come to me, Ny or Mom, okay? you won't be interrupting or ruining the mood or anything like that. remember that Mom and I are going through the same thing as you. we all care about you, Lea, and we never want to know that you're suffering on the inside on the most festive time of the year. we all want you to be happy. oh, baby, don't cry. come here." she wrapped me in a warm hug, and kissed the top of my forehead, using her thumbs to wipe my tears. she gently tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, and hugged me again.