[19]

January was Demi's rest month.

We spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with Paulina and Kelly, which was fun until Demi made us listen to Beyoncé three times in the span of just one day. Kelly and I ganged up to play Demi's music - which made Demi feel awkward - until Demi countered with the good old Independent Women and Paulina started booty-popping.

-------

Demi and I went to the home decoration store a couple of days later to pick some plants up. Demi had a thing with plants now, which would probably end in a while, leaving the plants to a slow and painful death. Demi was often cold, so the apartment would be like a desert for the poor plants. Nevertheless, I followed her to the store to choose the plants that would face their death by dehydration.

It was a quiet day - only a couple of people were milling around.

"Demi," I said. "I thought we agreed on two plants."

Demi turned around slowly, cradling four small plants with six more in the shopping basket. "Did we?"

I sighed. "Put the cactus down."

Demi backed away. "No."

"Demetria," I said as strictly as I could. "Cactus. Down. Now."

"Nooooooo," Demi whined.

Oh my God, many people say Demi's mature for her age, but they've never seen her fighting over a cactus.

"Go look at pillows or something," Demi said. "I'll pick five. Promise."

Well, that got me. I love pillows.

As I was staring up at the huge shelves of pillows and blankets, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a small girl standing there.

"Lea?" she asked cautiously. She knows me.

"Hey," I smiled. "What's up?"

"Are you really Lea Rochelle?" She asked, still shocked.

"I am." I still can't really believe I have fans.

"My brother and I watched you on the X Factor," she said excitedly. "We loved you. You were our favorite!"

"Thank you so much," I said gratefully. "What's your name? And how old are you?"

"I'm Rebecca, and I'm 9. My brother's called Matt and he's 16. Can I bring him here? Please?"

"Where's he? Do you wanna go surprise him?" I asked cheekily. Rebecca nodded with a huge smile on her face.

We crept to where Matt was, which was the paint section. He was standing in front of the grey shades, deep in contemplation.

I watched from my hiding spot in the next aisle as Rebecca skipped up to him excitedly. "Matty, Matty, I made a new friend." Matt broke out of his paint trance and smiled at Rebecca. "Her name's Lea," Rebecca continued.

"That's great, Beccy. Where's she?" He asked, bending down to her level.

"Lea," Rebecca called.

I stepped out with a slight smile on my face. I watched as Matt's facial expression changed from one of love for Rebecca to absolute shock to see me.

"No way," he broke out into a huge smile as I stood in front of him.

"I'm Lea," I said, sticking my hand out. "Nice to meet you."

With a huge smile on his face, he shook my hand. "Oh my God, this is insane!"

We chatted for a while, and I found out that they live with their aunt in Anaheim, but they spent their New Year's in LA. Their parents were unfortunately killed in a ship accident. Matt's twitter was xLEAticx, and was dedicated to me, which was pretty much the coolest thing I heard that day. We exchanged emails after he mentioned he was a guitar player and offered to play for me. I also found out that both of them are fans of Demi as well.

"Demi's here," I said. "Do you wanna meet her?"

Matt just about passed out.

"C'mon," I said and lead them back to the plant section. Demi was inspecting plants with careful consideration. "Demi," I called.

"Baby, please don't harass me, I'm choosing 5, I promise," she said without looking up.

I burst into laughter as Demi looked up, and her cheeks grew red. "Oh, hey there."

"This is Matt, and this is Rebecca," I introduced. "They're Lovatics and they saw me on XF. Matt is going to pass out from fanboying, Demi, you better give him a hug."

-----

After Demi and I had given Matt and Rebecca a lift back to their hotel and had lunch, we went home.

"Have you started packing for Neon Lights?" Demi asked as I sat on the kitchen counter, watching her arranged her five precious plants neatly on the windowsill.

"I'm bringing everything," I declared. "And taking some of your flannels."

Demi laughed. "You wish." She put her hair in a messy bun and looked at me. "Okay. Can you cook?"

"What?"

"Cook. Like, make food."

"I know what cook is," I snorted. "I meant cook what?"

"I don't know, like pasta or something?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I can make pasta."

"Good," Demi said. "C'mere. We're going to make pasta for dinner. Can you cook the pasta first?"

I grabbed the pot, boiled the water, and put a pack of pasta in. Demi started slicing up some tomatoes. "Why are we cooking, Demi?"

"Little Mix are coming over in a while to discuss tour."

I rolled my eyes. "Demi, they'd be fine with pizza, and you know it. And it's 1:27pm, I doubt they'll stay for dinner."

Demi bit her lip as slight color flooded her cheeks. "I-I have someone coming over for dinner."

"There we go. That one I can believe. Are the girls really coming?"

Demi shook her head and the color faded. "Guess I'm a horrible liar, Lea."

"It's fine," I laughed. "Why are you so nervous?"

Demi threw a slice of tomato at me playfully. "I'm not..."

I smiled to myself.

"Lea?" Demi asked.

"Mmmmm?"

"How comfortable would you be doing online school as opposed to regular school?"

"Much more comfortable," I said honestly.

"I was kinda hoping you'd say that," Demi said. "Cos I already signed you up. You start on Monday."

"Yeah, Mom."

We were silent for a while.

"So," I said. "What time's Naya coming over?

Demi just stared at me.

"Demi," I repeated. "When's Naya coming?"

"H-How did you know?!"

I winked. "Blushing doesn't really help, Demi."

She looked down, chewing her lip. "You don't mind?"

"Honestly," I started. She look terrified. "Demi, I'm the hugest Daya shipper. And I know you guys had chemistry on set. I can see it. Everyone can, actually. It's just that no one's spoken up."

"You don't mind if I'm bi?"

I snorted. "I wouldn't mind if you were dating cereal, Demi. Although that would be slightly worrying, I just want you to be happy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

NEXT CHAPTER = DINNER WITH NAYA ;)

How do you think that's gonna go? And do you ship it? Please tell me =]

Oh, and thoughts on Matt & Beccy?

xoxo stay strong.