[20]

Naya was coming in 3 hours.

I studied Demi for a while. "you really like her, don't you?"

Demi looked at her hands. "I guess... she's just... different."

------

Demi and I were in our room, Demi's clothes sprawled on the bed. the main star herself was pacing, running her fingers through her bright blue hair.

"help me pick," Demi pleaded. "what should I wear? it's an important occasion. I wear too much black, I know, but, but-"

"Demi," I said. "I am the worst person to ask for relationship advice."

Demi wrung her hands.

I got up and looked at Demi's closet. what would you expect to see?

black leather everything.

I face palmed. "Demi- some colour please."

"a bit late now," Demi whined.

I glanced up at the top shelf. it was a bunch of boxes that I knew Demi kept her 2011-2012 clothes in. and those were colourful.

I put one foot up and climbed up to the top shelf, then pulled out one box and hopped back down.

"looks like someone just came out of the closet," Demi remarked dryly as she bent down to look at the clothes with me.

I rolled my eyes and chucked a dress at her. it was black and white plaid and had a cute bow at the back.

"problem solved. now hurry up and get dressed."

Demi took the dress, standing up. "you're a genius. thank you."

I got up, grabbed my favourite candle and headed out of the room. "I'm lending you my vanilla cheesecake scented candle because I love you," I called.

"thank you!!"

------

"I kind of might have invited Lauren over..." I said to Demi when we were waiting for Naya.

"that's good," Demi said. "I was going to get you to invite someone over but forgot. what about the other girls?"

"Camila has plans, Ally's in Texas, Normani and Dinah are tired. and Lauren ships you two anyway."

the doorbell rang. Demi looked so scared that I started laughing.

"Demi, relax, please," I said. "I'll get the door if you want."

"I'm good," Demi took deep breaths as she walked to the door and opened it.

"hi, Demi," Naya said, smiling.

"hey," Demi smiled back. "come on in. LEA!!"

"damn," I muttered. "I'm here."

Naya was wearing a dress too, and it was purple with short sleeves.

"hey, Naya," I said, giving her a hug.

as Demi shut the door, her hand accidentally brushed Naya's. Demi averted her eyes, looking at the floor, biting her lip. a flush of pink was making its way across her cheeks.

"hi, Lea. how've you guys been?" Naya asked after a couple of seconds.

"good," Demi and I said.

so awkward. so, so awkward.

"I promised Lauren I'd meet her at the bus stop," I said. "I'm gonna make a move. you guys have fun."

with that, I pocketed my phone, grabbed my jacket and ran out the door.