[21]

it absolutely killed Demi to leave Naya behind when the Neon Lights Tour started, but Naya had Glee filmings to do.

the media had caught on, but Demi and Naya weren't saying anything about it. Demi had always never talked about her relationships, so it was easy for her to avoid. Naya didn't have any interviews this past month, so she wasn't asked yet. everyone was speculating if I was Demi and Naya's daughter - which actually flattered me more than annoyed me.

on February 8th, the entire tour team met at the airport in Vancouver. Demi, Natalie, Max, Holly (Demi's manager) and I flew in together. when we met Fifth Harmony (and their tour manager Skylar), they were all so tired that delirium had taken over, plus Camila had finished eating an entire pack of gummy bears. the six of us bounced around the lounge as we waited on Little Mix and the rest of Demi's team.

finally, they arrived, we all went to our tour buses for some rest.

"Neon Lights Tour, here we come!" Demi punched the air tiredly as she let out a huge yawn.

"we're going to rule this continent," Holly said. "as soon as we get some rest."

------

backstage at the Neon Lights Tour was reminding me of backstage at The X Factor - chaos everywhere.

as Fifth Harmony rushed offstage after their opening set, Lauren and Ally burst into tears while Normani, Dinah and Camila huddled around them for a group hug.

"what's wrong?" I asked as I pushed my way to them.

"it w-was so am-mazing," Ally sobbed.

"we're on tour with Demi Lovato!" Camila yelled.

we sat around to watch Little Mix do their set for the first time. Little Mix and Fifth Harmony were really nice people, and the 10 of us had hung out the whole day. but for some reason, I felt more comfortable with Fifth Harmony. I shook out of my thoughts as Normani cheered loudly from the side of the stage, and Perrie glanced over to us and smiled.

Lauren slipped her hand into mine, and we held hands as we watched Salute unfold.

"you guys datin'?" Dinah asked with raised eyebrows.

"nah," I said. "it's just comfortable. y'all should try it."

so the six of us sat in a circle, everyone holding someone else's hand.

"you guys look like a cult," Jill, the makeup artist, said as she passed by a couple minutes later.

"Sixth Harmony!!" Ally yelled.

Camila had already fallen asleep on Dinah's lap.

------

as Demi stumbled offstage, the whole room erupted into cheers.

"NEON LIGHTS TOUR!!!" Demi yelled. she gave me a huge hug. "had a good time, baby?"

I nodded happily. "what're we doing now?"

"on any other normal tour, people usually have an after party.. but nothing's normal round here, is it?" she smiled as she shrugged off her jacket. "we're having a pizza party. c'mon."

I retrieved my hoodie and checked that my phone was still in my back pocket, then helped wake Camila up before heading out the door. the other girls had already changed into more comfortable clothes, except Camila, because she had sleepily mumbled "leave me alone" when they tried to wake her up.

Lauren and I linked hands, then walked down the hall to the pizza party.

-----

over the next few weeks, Demi played San Jose, Anaheim (where I met Dinah's huge family and friends), Glendale, Grand Prairie (where Maddie, Marissa and Dianna joined the tour), Houston (where I met Mani's family and friends), Atlanta, Charlotte, Sunrise and Tampa (where I met Lauren and Camila's families and friends).

it was tiring. even though shows were a day apart and I wasn't even singing, I was still tired.

in Atlanta, Demi brought me out during soundcheck to answer questions with her. I was terrified that the Lovatics wouldn't like me - some of them despised me. the whole experience was nerve- wracking, though Demi had one hand on my back the whole time to keep my steady. when it was over, I escaped backstage with Natalie and had to have Jill get me a glass of water. still, I was proud of myself for managing to answer the randomest questions up on stage with Demi Lovato, without falling off in sheer panic.

@MsLeaRochelle: #readyforMARCH ;)

------------------------------------------

A/N:

SURPRISE UPDATE YAS

sorry it's short and a bad chapter - not a lot happened in February. plus I wrote this in the car & I'm getting carsick eeeww.

next chapter: March, Camila's birthday, & a surprise. ;)

xoxo

reupload edit: i'm in the midst of deleting all my social media links from here because they're either deactivated or inactive yikes so pls don't follow me there if you read past what i'm currently editing!! thaaanks