[23]

Indianapolis, IN

I predicted that the last day of the Neon Lights tour would be the most chaotic.

and I was right.

Naya had actually rushed back to NY to film an emergency episode for Glee, so she had to leave Demi again. it wasn't an ideal choice for either of them, but Naya's work was a responsibility and neither of them wanted to let the Glee team down.

I was told to stay with Fifth Harmony while Demi got prepped backstage, so we sat in the corridors to wait. Fifth Harmony soundcheck was over and their meet and greet was in a while, so we had some time.

as always, being the reckless party animals we are, we were all sat with our backs against the walls and going on Vine.

"I'm hungry," Camila muttered softly.

"mmmm," Normani was typing so quickly I was sure her thumbs were going to fall off.

"Cheechee?" Camila asked.

"Hoiiii, Chancho," Dinah murmured.

"do you wanna go get food?"

"yeah."

they left.

I was about to prank call Dinah but my phone started ringing instead.

Naya?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Lea?"

"Naya are you okay?" I rushed out.

Normani, Ally and Lauren turned to me with worried faces.

"I'm fine baby, now listen, where's Demi?"

"soundcheck."

"where are you?"

"in the corridors with Fifth Harmony."

"do you know when soundcheck's over?"

"yeah?"

"are you allowed in?"

"yes?"

"can you make sure Demi doesn't go on twitter, Instagram and any celebrity or paparazzi website?"

oh. some horrible rumor must've leaked.

that sucks.

"Naya, she's not going on a celebrity gossip website."

"just promise?"

"okay."

"all you girls too, okay? Cher, Fifth Harmony, you. lay off the social media."

"promise."

"thank you baby."

"it's okay. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you guys soon! bye."

"bye."

I hung up. Lauren, Normani and Ally pounced on me.

"is Naya okay?"

"yeah, she seems fine."

Camila and Dinah came back with bags of chips, cans of iced tea and Haribo gummy party bags.

"Naya called!!!" Ally screeched. "it's an emergency!!"

they dropped that stash on the floor, I kid you not.

and when Fifth Harmony drops food, you know things just got serious.

as Lauren and Dinah scrambled to catch the rolling cans of peace tea, I explained, "she just told me to keep Demi off Twitter. I think it's some rumor I don't really wanna see. all of us are supposed to stay off social media right now."