[18]

imagine a quiet night. it's December 12th, and it's about 11.57pm. I'm watching a Friends rerun marathon and Demi's on her phone. we're reclined on the bed and Demi's practically lying across the whole thing. she's not feeling good today - she's been sneezing.

suddenly, Demi sits up so quick that a pillow falls off the bed and I swear she got whiplash.

"LEA."

"what?" I groan, watching as Jennifer Aniston crosses the room to open the door.

"please tell me you like Beyoncé."

"yeah?"

"what if I told you she just dropped an album... like right now?"

I muted the TV. "no way."

"YES WAY!" Demi screamed. I leant over to watch as Demi bought the album on iTunes and waited for it to download. "it's a freakin VISUAL ALBUM."

I grabbed Demi's laptop and logged onto twitter. sure enough, it was chaos on my timeline.

@MsLeaRochelle: BEYONCÉ DID WHAAAAT?!?!?!

@dinahjane97: @MsLeaRochelle I KNOW?!!!!?! MANI AND I ARE DONE

@NormaniKordei: "@MsLeaRochelle: BEYONCÉ DID WHAAAAT?!?!?!" I CAN'T

@ddlovato: HAHAHAHAHA "@MsLeaRochelle: BEYONCÉ DID WHAAAAT?!?!?!"

Demi shot off the bed and jammed her phone into the iHome. "IT DOWNLOADED!!!!!!!"

as we listened to the album, Demi got increasingly excited. when we got to Drunk In Love, she screeched along. during the speech in Flawless, she was sobbing. in Yoncé, she yelled "YAAAAAAAAAAS" over and over.

when it was over, she grabbed tissues to wipe her tears of excitement away. "we're going to the gym," she announced.

"what?"

I got up, grabbed her phone, returned to the bed and went on the camera. I aimed pressed record.

"I don't feel good," she said to the camera and I giggled. "I have the chills right now and I'm going to the gym because Beyoncé has fired me up SO MUCH."

"I'm sorry," I said sarcastically. "if we don't go to the gym at midnight on Friday the 13th when Beyoncé unannounced releases a self-titled album, then I'm sorry, what are we supposed to do?!"

Demi laughed as she gestured to herself. "this is not a good idea! I don't feel good!"

"this is all Beyoncé's fault," I stated.

"all Beyoncé's fault," Demi shook her head as she wiped some more tears away.

"oh my god," I muttered as I ended the video.

"I'm putting that on Keek."

I stalled. what if the Lovatics didn't like me? I'd gotten a lot of hate, and this might get me even more.

"baby," Demi said. "don't worry, okay? I promise the Lovatics will love you."

I relaxed slightly and gave Demi the phone. she kissed my head.

"get some sleep, baby. I'm going to the gym."

---------------------------------

soon, it was time to go back to Texas to spend Christmas with the De La Garzas and Marissa.

and I was nervous.

when Demi and I arrived at the airport, we donned hoodies and sunglasses so we wouldn't get recognized and went through immigration as quickly as possible. don't get me wrong - the fans are amazing and we love them so much but we were so tired that our eyelids burned with every blink.