~ • The Tainted Heart~

Aleyna's P.O.V.

"Goodnight" I can feel my heart thumping and beating fastly. I quickly closed my door shut and slid my back on the door. I was having quite a hard time breathing but I took time and slowly inhaled deeply, trying to catch my breaths due to the palpitations I could feel.

"This isn't right"

"Why are you fooling yourself again? Aleyna, wake up, you can't fall in love again. It'll only hurt you, it'll only destroy you" I caressed my hair in frustration and sat on the bed, my whole head began spinning as the things in the past suddenly came to me like a tidal wave, drowing me in ever move I do.

"You made the right desisions last year, so please do this right. You need to listen to your mind rather than your heart. I know he might break it anytime. Please Aleyna, don't be a fool in love again"

With my head full of troubles, I'm not even sure if I would be able to face him tomorrow, I had been deeply carried away by all the flirtings he did and did not even crossed my mind of pushing him away. My whole mind is messed up and the only thing I wanted now is to sleep and to forget about everything that happened today.

I woke up extra early next morning knowing that Blaze wouldn't wake up early, as much as possible I wouldn't want to meet him for today, even for just this morning.There's something in the way he treats me that makes me feel giddy nowadays, the way he talks to me hints as if he's trying to make me realize something I don't understand and I couldn't see. I quickly cooked some breakfast and quickly changed my clothes, I used my car and left early even before the sun rises unlike before.

"Good morning Ms. Aleyna, are you feeling good today?" My secretary greeted me in surprise, usually she is the first one to get to the office every morning. She just got surprised when she saw me coming to the office right after her.

"You can say that, can I please have a cup of coffee? I badly needed one"

She smiled and happily walked out, soon many of my employees started coming one by one and whenever they look at me, it's as if I felt that I have grown another pair of head... that made me question myself so badly... am I that always late for my employees to look at me as if I'm a ghost?

"Seems like the CEO skipped breakfast this morning"

At last I finally smelled the aroma of my morning coffee, only this time the only difference is that it wasn't my secretary who came to deliver my request to me. It is one of my missing friends, Celestine...

"Celestine, what a nice day to see you, how have you been? You've been gone for so long" I stood up from my shivel chair and gave her a very tight hug, she placed the coffee on the table first before wrapping her arms around me tightly... oh I could feel how much she misses us as well...

"You know the reason why, anyway I paid a visit here to ask you out for a breakfast date. You look starving, probably avoiding someone at home?" Her eyebrows furrows and looked at me mischievously, it's almost like she already knew what was happening in my life before I could even speak one letter.

"It's nothing, nothing major for me to share to you"

"And is this dating scandal of yours with Blaze Byun isn't something major? That you didn't even both try to respond on the allegations stated by the media?"

"We can't just deny it, the rumors will only get worsen and they will eventually keep on spying on us and link us with different people" I sighed, of all people Celestine should know that as well, she's an heir just like out friends but good for her there had been no scandals related to her so far.

"Then why not affirm it? We both know that heiress like us needs dramas and acting"

Affirm it? For what? To tell everyone that I am dating Blaze Byun when I really wasn't? Will that make the world a vetter place? Our country more profitable and will end world hunger? I don't even understand these media reporters, instead of speaking and reporting about the important news in our country they keep on trying to expose celebrity lives and even CEOs and heiress like us. Can't they just focus on their job?!