XIX - The Obligatory Plot Explain-er

"You're finally awake!" a shrill, vaguely familiar voice yelled.

Main flinched and spun around to face its source. In his haste, he realized that his mysteriously aged body was not as coordinated as it once was. He fell to the ground, and looked up at the figure. 

"G-Greg?" he ventured cautiously.

"How could you have forgotten me?" the voice moaned. "It's me, your biggest fan!"

Main propped himself up into a sitting position, and squinted up at the man standing over him. "Uh... Kevin?"

"It's Bevan!" Bevan (so that was his name) pouted. "I even tattooed it to your arm, so you wouldn't forget!" He seemed hurt.

Main recoiled at the sight of his left shoulder. "Never mind that! I need some answers. What happened last night?!"

"Of course, I am the obligatory plot explain-er for the audience's convenience. You kind of um.. how shall I put this? Hmm... Jumped forward in time-"

*

"-Jumped forward in time?!" Main echoed. "Wait, wait. I just... Was this time travel? Did I meet the Doctor?"

"Doctor Who?"

"Exactly!"

"No, no," Bevan insisted, waving his arms like he was warding off a swarm of flying rattlesnakes. "It's like... It was a time warp. You know those things? Those super handy things that exist to move the plot forward when nothing exciting is happening? The ones that usually happen at random times for bullroar reasons?"

"You mean like the ones in the Twilight movies?" Main asked.

"Yeah, exactly! Well, it's one of those." Bevan placed his hands on his hips, grinning.