XLIX - "My only weakness!"

Humperdinck let out a cry of agony. He stumbled, clutching at his forehead.

"Compasses!" he cried. "My only weakness! Well, okay, a sword and a good stabbing, or some fire, or other deadly things would have worked, but this is my only weirdly-obscure-but-incredibly-plot-convenient weakness!"

Main gasped. "W-what? How does that even make sense?!"

"You mean out of all the things that have happened in this story, THAT'S the thing you question?" Helena asked, dropping from Humperdinck's back. 

She kicked him against the wall. The Prince screeched like a dying walrus, and crumpled to the ground.

*

Main picked up the Prince's sword, and stood indecisively over his unconscious body. 

"What are you waiting for?" Helena asked.

"I don't feel right about this." Main lowered the sword  from the Prince's exposed throat. "I can't kill my antagonist before we find the object of power we've been searching for: it would go against the laws of everything!"

"Fine," Helena grumbled. "But Buttercup would concuss you if she heard you call her an object."

She waited while Main cut a mustache shaped line in the Prince's deathly-ill face. After sliding a Do-Not-Disturb sign on the door and dividing the Prince's clothes between them, they marched up the stairs.

"There you are!" a soldier said. "Baron Jenkins. This way."

Main shrugged.