XXVIII - "Squire, flame-thrower attack!"

Main tore another hunk off his smoked fish. There was a rustling in the bushes behind them.

"Squire, flame-thrower attack!" Main shouted.

Bevan blushed furiously in the firelight. "I'm not Greg, you know! Not everyone can just torch things at whim, or raise the dead."

"Geeze! Just go investigate the noise already," he whined.

"No need," a third voice interrupted them.

Main stared at the girl. The glasses... the gleaming orbs... the rotting flesh... the encroaching zombie horde that followed her. "Helena?"

Her rotting lip curled in distaste. "I remember you. You're meant to be as dead as I am."

"Convenient time-space displacement, that's all." Main replied coolly.

"It doesn't matter. My master has requested that I bring you to him."

The undead fan-girls shuffled towards them. Main raised his sword at them in defiance. He stood back to back with Bevan, and they moved to the edge of the stream. "You'll never take us!"

She laughed cruelly. "We have no such instructions to spare your traitorous friend. He will be disposed of."

There was a loud splash. Main spun around, finding himself alone. Bevan was swimming frantically down river. "I'll never forget you Main!" he yelled, as he drifted to safety. The zombies surrounded Main.

"Bevan! You can't just-" Main complained. He looked at the situation, and sighed. He dropped his sword. "Take me to Greg," he told Helena. His quest had to go on.

*

Helena examined the hero(?), her lakes still gleaming. "Oh? You wish to visit our master?"

"I must see Greg," Main said. "Do whatever you want, but I have to see him."

"You know, this is giving me great material for a new Yaoi fan-fic..."

"What the heck is 'yow-ee'?!"

"Never you mind," Helena tilted her chin. "Seize him!"