XLVII - "You shouldn't say that to your captor."

Helena and Main shrieked, as they began to tumble down the floor into a narrow passageway.

"This wasn't supposed to happen!" Main insisted.

Helena just groaned.

They plummeted at least twenty feet before finally falling into another room far below. Main groaned, rubbing his head. He felt his stomach tense, and crawled to a deserted section of the room to clear his stomach one more time.

"You're gross, Main," Helena muttered,  letting her orbs cast some light around the dim room. "I can't believe you--"

"Main?" A person slowly began to step out of the shadows, their body quivering. "Did somebody say Main?"

*

The figure remained in the shadows. Main stood up, and squinted around the room they had landed in. The back wall was cloaked in screens. Black and white surveillance footage flickered over them.

"B-buttercup?" Main croaked hopefully. 

"Is that how you address royalty?" the voice shot back. "Are you THE Main?"

Remembering their (thus far unsuccessful) espionage attempt, Main consulted his name tag. "It's uh- Baron Jenkins. I'm more of a supporting role."

The figure stepped into the light, a sharp sword extended towards the duo. "Nice try, Macgyver, but I'd know your face anywhere."

"K-kevin?" Main ventured, backing away from the weapon wielding maniac.

"You shall refer to me as Prince Humperdinck!" the man declared richly, with a flourish of his wide shirt sleeves. "And you killed my bride."

"What?"Main gasped. They'd come all this way and now he had killed Buttercup?!

The Prince nodded curtly. "I owe you thanks: I was going to get rid of her on our Honeymoon, but you beat me to it. The footage is pretty spectacular. Explosions, lots of blood, a couple of missing frames; it was the exact thing I needed to invade that troll's squalor and claim it for myself."

Blood roared in Main's ears. "But it wasn't me! It can't have been me." He sunk to his knees. "Do you have the footage?"

"I do," Humperdinck gloated. He produced a remote from his pocket, and all of the screens flicked to a single image: the outside of the castle.

"There's no denying it," Main uttered, after watching the clip. "That was... me."

"Of course it was," the Prince said. 

"I can still save her though, right?" Main asked desperately. "I will save her! And you can't stop me!"

"Oh Macgyver, you shouldn't say that to your captor. I can't let you go if you're going do something stupid like resurrect her, or spread peace to the lands." He advanced.