XLV - The Second Dungeon

"Helena," Main mumbled, "Where are we goin'?"

"Wherever it is, it's not good," Helena muttered back, gripping Main's shoulder. "I can't believe we're going through all this trouble just for Buttercup."

The guard suddenly froze. "What did you say? How do you know that name?!"

"She's... She's my girlfriend!" Main insisted, tripping down the next four stairs.

"How dare you be so insolent!" the guard snapped. "Who do you think you are, speaking of Buttercup like that?!"

"Hey," Helena began, "What ever happened to her, anyways? Do you happen to know?"

"Maybe. Why should I tell you?"

"We'll probably die anyway. Last request?"

*

The guard grunted and pushed Helena forward, causing her to stumble down a further seven steps. 

"What kind of idiot makes blindfolded prisoners walk down stairs?" she grumbled. "What if I actually fell?"

"Speak again and you'll find out," the guard growled.

The unlikely pair were tied to particularly uncomfortable chairs. They heard the door slam shut leaving them at the mercy of the darkness. Helena groaned, as she heard Main snoring beside her. 

"Come on Main, I really need an ally right now. Now is not the time for a power nap!"

Using her zombified jaw, she bit through the mask, and tilted her head up to squint through the hole she had created. 

Helena gasped, realizing they were not alone.