City Girl

Maya's POV

"Have you got the flasks?" I shouted as he loaded the truck.

"Yeah!" He said jumping into his seat and buckling up.

"I hope their gonna be ok with Mrs. Dobbs." I uttered.

"Course they are she's one of the best babysitter's in the neighborhood." He assured me starting the engine and driving away. I kept telling myself that everything was going to be ok but the truth was all I could think about was that I had never left them this long without me and I didn't want to go.

"Are you sure an over night hike is safe? Maybe we should just go home?" I suggested flattering my eyes over at Lucas.

"No we can do this." He replied trying to concentrate on the road.

"Yeah, I can stay away for one night, its not the end of the world. Its not the end of the world is it?" I panicked.

"Ha, NO!" He giggled and leaned over to give me a kiss on the head.

When we got there I didn't believe it was a real place. It was so beautiful that it looked like it had come out of a movie scene.

"That's where we're going!" Lucas pointed at the top of a mountain.

"God thats high, Oh so this was your plan to get rid of me, exhaustion!" I shouted over at him as he pulled our bags out of the back of the truck.

"Yes my master plan was to get you alone to kill you?" He winked as he passed by me.

As the hours went by the views and sounds got less great until I couldn't bear it anymore. I was a city girl, I couldn't climb a mountain.

"Come on." He screamed from what seemed to be miles away.

"I can't go!" I yelled back.

"Yes you can you're just missing the kids." He said walking back down to where I was sat.

"Its not just that, I can't go any further." I begged.

"Maya your just being lazy." He pointed out.

"Excuse me, if you wanted a girl that could climb a mountain without complaining you got the wrong girl. I am a city girl. Maya you should have just chose Riley!" I snapped, how could he say I was lazy.

"Why did you have to bring that up all of a sudden it hasn't been a problem for 12 years and now suddenly it is." He shouted pacing the hill.

"I didn't mean that, I'm just not like you, I can't climb a whole mountain in the matter of a few hours. I thought that's why you love me. Because we're so different." I muttered.

He stood silent for a Moment, stopped pacing and knelt down beside me.

"That is why I love you. You always tell me exactly what you think, your honest. And I didn't choose you, you chose
me." He whispered in my ear before giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Ok let's carry on." I announced putting my arms out

"No let's go home and see the kids." He replied.

"I can probably do this." I said.

"It's fine I kinda miss the kids." He laughed picking me up in his arms and walking back down the mountain.

"My City girl!" he shouted through the trees laughing all the way down.

--------------------------------------------
I know it's a bit sappy but I love it. I hope you enjoy it and if you have any suggestions just let me know.