Chapter Thirty

Three out of six updates!

Chapter Thirty

Past

Months ago...

"He's mentally ill. He's not my obligation and I can't hide his son any longer. Go take them."

Apa took them from Sean. Sean knew everything, but decided not to tell Ags about it. She already avoided him when she found out he was friends with Marcus. What more if she knew he knew where Marcus was?

2 years ago, Kyrel went missing, but Marcus was smart enough to write Sean's address and contact number on a small piece of paper and put it in his pocket. After one and a half week, someone brought him to Sean.

Sean looked for Marcus and found him after 3 months, but it was too late, because he couldn't think properly anymore. He brought him to a mental hospital and took care of Kyrel.

He told Marcus' parents about the situation, but they didn't listen to him. They told him they didn't have a son. None of his friends (as if he had friends) would be willing to help him. He would never report to the police, as well.

He had no choice, but to call his cousin.

"Where's his mom?" Apa asked.

Sean shrugged. "H'wag mo nang hanapin kung ayaw mo ng gulo."

Apa smirked, shaking his head. His cousin was unbelievable. "When I get back, you have to tell me what on earth is happening." Tumawag si Apa sa hospital para matingnan si Marcus. Si Kyrel naman, dinala niya sa orphanage.

Nakikita niya ang sarili niya sa bata. Hindi siya nagsasalita, pero hindi rin siya umiiyak. Para siyang laging takot. May mga malalim siyang peklat kaya nagtaka si Apa kung may nanakit ba kay Kyrel. He silently hoped it wasn't Marcus who hurt him.

Pag dating nila sa orphanage, they all welcomed Kyrel, but he ran and hid in their room, his new room, and went under the bed. Apa sat on the floor, next to the bed. He leaned back against the wall, his head resting on the edge of the bed.

He waited for Kyrel to come out and sang slowly and quietly, "I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare. I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair. Nobody cares, 'cause I'm alone in and the world is having more fun than me... tonight."

When Kyrel finally fell asleep, Apa carefully carried him to his bed and promised him no one could ever hurt him again. Apa didn't know his story, but whatever It was, he sure knew the poor child didn't deserve to be in his situation.

Besides, Marcus was thereason why he had a family so no matter what, he would help the child.