Chapter 11

Ashton's POV

Everyday since that Wednesday last week, I've been going past the music rooms on my way to lunch. Whoever it is in there really knows their stuff. Each day they've been playing something different. Thursday it was Drums again and Friday it was Bass. Every time I've walked past, they've been playing our songs perfectly which really interests me. How do they know the exact chords for each instrument? Also I've been hearing other instruments so I think there must be more than one person in there at a time. I have a feeling the boys aren't believing me but I want to prove it to them today.

"Hey mate." I slap Michaels shoulder as I sit down.

"Hey Ash, we were just talking about our song list for this weekend. We'll have to talk more about it with Luke when we see him next." I nod my head in agreement with Calum.

"Did you guy want to go for a walk today?" Michael shrugs and they both get up.

"Why not." We slowly start walking back the way I came only minutes ago. We make it to the music rooms and I stop them and their conversation.

"Ash, why are we here?" Calum furrows his eyebrows at me and Michael looks dazed, like he's not listening to us.

"Cal, shut up." Michael holds up a finger and we all fall silent. The music hallway is usually very quiet so it's easy to hear the music. They both listen intently to the music coming from the room next to us and I smile because I was right.

"Shit she's good." Calum mumbles under his breath and I only just catch it. She? Calum knows who it is?

"Wow Ash, you were right, they know their shit." I nod along with Michaels words.

"Well we heard it so we can go now." Calum grabs ahold of Michaels arm but Michael doesn't move.

"Nah mate, I wanna know who it is. They fucking rock." Michael walks towards the door and Calum does his best to stop him.

"But that would ruin the mystery around the whole thing."

"So? I don't want someone who can play our songs that well to be a mystery." This whole thing is strange. Why doesn't Calum want us to know who it is?

I sigh and barge in front of them.

"Excuse me ladies." Calum grabs ahold of my arm.

"No, Ash." He whines and tries to pull me away. Of course, it doesn't work as he is smaller than me so I easily swing the door open with the arm he isn't holding.

~*~

Zoe's POV

"Hey Zoe." Luke gets up and gives me a quick hug as I walk into the room.

"Hey. What are we doing today?"

"I was thinking guitar today?"

"Acoustic?" My eyes light up with my smile. I've always liked acoustic guitar more than anything else. He nods and I quickly grab my guitar and sit in front of him.

"Have you been practising the one I taught you the other day?" I nod my head.

"Gotta Get Out?" He smiles because I remembered the name.

"Can you play it for me?" I nod and immediately start strumming the chords. Luke joins in a little after me. Once again I get lost in the chords of the song and I'm shocked when the door swings open. My throat runs dry and I swear I stopped breathing.

"Zoe?" Ashton looks to me then Luke. "Luke? What the hell?" Calum peeks over his shoulder and looks me dead in the eye.

"Zoe I'm so sorry, I didn't tell him I swear. He found out himself and dragged us here. I tried to stop him." I motion for Calum to come into the room so he pushes past Ashton. He comes over to me slowly like a scared animal and I crack a grin.