Chapter 12

Zoe's POV

It's been a full day since Ashton and Michael have found out about my music and so far, they haven't said anything. None of the boys came in today as they had band practice but they promised they would all be there tomorrow. I'm really nervous and putting it off another day isn't helping. I have tutoring this afternoon with Ashton, our first session since he found out and I'm wondering if I'm going to get hounded with questions.

"Hey Zoe." He smiles at me, which takes me by surprise as he hasn't really smiled at me.

"Hi Ashton. Ready to go?" He unlocks his car and I get in the passenger side while he gets in the drivers seat.

"Who's house are we going to?" He get on the main road and I fiddle with the radio.

"Yours is fine." It's better if we go there if he wants to question me. I would probably be dead by tomorrow if my parents heard anything he said about my music.

When we pull up to his house I quickly slide out of the car and head for the front door. I walk in without waiting for him and head straight for the kitchen.

"Hello Anne Marie." A smile grows on her face as soon as she spots me.

"Hello Zoe! I forgot today was tutoring." I give her a small smile as she hands me a water bottle like usual.

"I'll be upstairs."

"I'll be here if you two need anything." I head upstairs to Ashton's room to find him already sitting at his desk with a book open.

"I see you've taken a liking to my mum." He raises his eyebrow and a smile plays on his lips.

"Yeah, she's more of a mother to me than my own." I laugh at myself for a second before trying to change the subject. "Did you get the Romeo and Juliet booklet today?" He nods and pulls it out of his bag. "I spoke to my english teacher and she said she wants you to get a head start on the booklet. Pages 1 through 4 is reading and 5 is questions." He nods and starts reading. I sit on the floor against the wall and start on some of my own english homework. I don't usually do homework when I should be tutoring but he is reading so it should be fine.

"So when are we going to talk about what happened the other day?" I look up to see him watching me do my homework. He must have been for a while because he looks pretty relaxed and comfortable in the position he's in.

"Have you finished the reading?"  He nods while still watching me. I sigh and put my books down. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"Well first of all, why was I the last one to know? You knew my secret so why could I know yours?"

"Calum kind of found out himself and told Luke, that wasn't my doing. It was also before I started tutoring you so we weren't particularly best friends." He nods in understanding and waits before asking another question.

"Why do you hide that from everyone? Like I know about your parents but if you had a fan base to back you up I'm sure it  would be alright." I scoff.

"Ashton you don't understand. You have a loving mother who supports everything you do. Mine shoots down my hopes and dreams. All she cares about is grades and being like-"  I cut myself off. I can't just blurt that out to Ashton Irwin. "Looking good." I clear my throat and avoid eye contact with him. "Grades and appearance." I mutter softly and he stays silent.

"Well I think you're amazing." I look up at him and my cheeks grow hot.

"Thanks."

"We should jam sometime." I nod in agreement.

"You should get back to work." He swivels back around in his chair leaving me with my thoughts behind him. "Hey Ash," He turns back around. "Why didn't you tell them about your tutoring? You had the chance."