Chapter 20

Zoe's POV

Saturday finally rolls around, which means Ashton and I have tutoring. "Hi Zoe." The front  door is opened by a smiling Lauren looking up at me.

"Hey. Where is everyone?" She invites me in and shuts the door.

"Ashton's in his room and mum and Harry are at his soccer practice." I nod my head.

"Well we have work to do so what are your plans for today?" She shrugs her shoulders.

"I have to finish my maths homework and then I thought about going to see my friends."

"Well alright, Ash and I will be in here if you need anything." She nods her head and keeps walking down the hall while I open Ashton's bedroom door. I peer inside to see he's not in there. "Ashton?" I open his cupboard door to see if he's hiding from me. Where would he be? I head back out to the hallway and head over to the bathroom. I press my ear to the door and I hear the water running and his beautiful voice singing. I listen for a moment before stepping back into his room and throwing myself onto his comfortable bed. I bought my sketch pad with me just incase something like this happened. I pile his pillows up behind me and make myself comfortable before I start sketching.

It doesn't take long before I have a drawing of Ashton's face, shaded and signed. Yet another thing I can't have. I stare at the page for a moment before the door swings open. I hug my sketch pad to my chest with a deep blush forming on my cheeks. Did he see the drawing? I look up to see Ashton standing there staring at me with the same shocked expression as me.

"Why are you here?" He clears his throat.

"Tutoring?"

"Right." My eyes flick down to his waist for a second before I look back at his gorgeous eyes. He's only in a towel. I look away from him and shift in my place.

"Are you going to put some clothes on?"  I say awkwardly as he chuckles softly before slowly walking over to his cupboard.

"So whatcha got there?" He nods towards my book I'm still hugging.

"Nothing." I quickly rush out and he raises his eyebrow at me. How long does it take to get clothes? Why does he have to stand here and talk to me when he's only wearing a towel that's hanging really low on his hips?

"Ok well I'm going to get changed then." He walks out and I bury my face in my hands. Why didn't he act awkward? He was so cool about that like Oh, there's someone else in my room. I'm just going to walk in like everything's fine. I envy him for having confidence like that. "So what are we doing today?" He strolls into his room and hops onto the bed next to me. I glance at him for a second before pulling out my english book. "Um, the exam is coming up soon, right?" He nods his head. He smells so nice fresh out of the shower. "Well we're going to start writing your essay."

"Alright." I quickly close my sketch book so he can't see the drawing and put it back in the bag I brought with me. I pull out my english task sheet while he pull his laptop onto his lap.

~*~

"Hey guys, I'm going out now." I look up at Lauren standing in the doorway.

"Ok, have fun." Ashton gives her a small wave and she smiles.

"Hold on!" She comes back to the doorway. "Did you finish your maths?" She nods her head. "Can you show me please?" She sighs and heads back to her room to grab her book.

"Really Zoe?" Ashton raises his eyebrow at me and I look at him.

"What? I just want to make sure she's doing her work."

"Here." She comes back in and hands me a book. She's written the allocated questions at the top of the page and I scan over her working and answers.

"Question 3 and 4 are wrong." I hand the book back to her and she looks at it then back to me.

"How?" She looks at the book, studying the equation she has written.

"You've used the wrong rule for 3."

"Oh."

"Question 4, you just got the answer wrong."

"How did you pick up on that so quickly?" I look to Ashton, not to sure on what to say. He giggles and I look back to Lauren.

"I'm just really good at maths." She nods. "So are you going to fix those before you leave?" She sighs and walks out of the room towards her bedroom. "I think she is."

"Poor little Loz." Ashton giggles and I look over at him.

"Poor little Loz? I was just helping her out." He rolls his eyes.

"I know Zoe."

"Also, why were you just going to let her leave? Did you even know where she was going?"

"Of course I did. She came and told me she was going to hang out with her friends." I nod and focus back on Ashton's laptop screen.

"Come on, do this."

"Ok, I fixed it. I'm going out now." Lauren gives a quick wave as she walks past Ashton's door.

"Bye!" I call out and I soon hear the door open and close.

~*~

"Zoe, we've been doing this for hours!" Ashton groans and rolls around in his bed until he gets comfortable again.

"I'm sorry Ash, we need to get this done so all you have to do is learn it and then you're set for the test." He groans again.

"Can we go downstairs for a little while?" His head lolls to the side to look at me.

"Fine." I huff and he jumps up from his bed excitedly.

"Come on." He grabs my arms and pulls me up out of the warm bed before running downstairs. I'm not entirely sure where downstairs we are going. "Zoe!" Ashton calls out to me when I reach the bottom of the steps and I follow his voice to the garage, where their instruments are. "Here." He passes me his drumsticks and picks up a guitar for himself. I sit behind the drum kit and wait for him to tell me what we're playing.

"What are we playing?" I  ask and he looks up from his guitar.

"I don't know, what do you want to play?"

I shrug my shoulders and think about all of their songs I know. "Try Hard?" He nods and we soon start playing. I watch Ashton as I play the drums, studying him. When he looks up I give him a big smile and a giggle escapes from my lips. I love playing songs with him. It's just like the way Luke and play together but somehow.. better. I bite my lip and concentrate on the drums for a little bit before stealing a glance at Ashton. He's looking at me and he's stopped playing. I didn't even realise. We stare at each other for a moment as I slowly stop playing.

"Why did you stop?" I tilt my head to the side in confusion and he licks his lips, trying to come up with something. My smile grows when he doesn't say anything, just looks away from me. "Ash? What's wrong?" He stands suddenly and puts his guitar down in its stand. He stalks over to me and I suddenly feel scared of him. Once he makes it around the drum kit, he stops and looks down at me. What is he doing?

He hesitates for a moment before quickly leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. My eyes fly wide open while I process what is happening. Ashton is kissing me. Ashton is kissing me. My eyes quickly shut as his hands come up to cup my face. His lips slowly move against mine and I place my hands on his biceps. This is so much better than I thought it would ever be. Sure, I thought it would be rough and fast, but what would I know about kissing? He kisses me for a little longer while I sit there, not really sure what to do with myself as I've never kissed anyone before so I'm very inexperienced. He pulls back after a moment, bites his lip and looks away from me.

"Are you hungry?" He gives me a smile. Are you hungry? He just kissed me for no reason what so ever and he's asking if I'm hungry instead of explaining himself? I nod my head anyway and he walks out, probably heading for the kitchen. Maybe I shouldn't ask. Maybe I'll ask later.